Why I cant see any albums or photos in gallery (htc m8)?

tompa402

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Just like I said in question I cant see any data in my gallery.
I tried to wipe gallery date, reboot my phone multiple times, also i tried to connect it to PC and data isn't visible in HTC sync manager.

But when I open phone storage (via File Manager or PC) I can see "missed" pictures and videos.

I also tried to run my phone in safe mode, and i got the same problem in safe mode, like I explained.

sorry for my english

TY

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What folders are your photos in? Use your file manager app to explore those folders, and make sure there isn't any file called ".nomedia" in them. If a .nomedia file is present, the system will ignore that folder when looking for photos to show in the Gallery app.

tompa402

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for fast replay.

Photos are placed on phone storage: DCIM/100MEDIA.

I explored folder and ther isn't file named .nomedia.

Also when I take picture with camera it appear in gallery. Only problem is that i can't see old photos.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Did you put those photos in /dcim/100media yourself? The camera should be storing photos in /dcim/camera by default. What happens if you copy photos to the /Pictures folder?

tompa402

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I putted some pictures to dcim/100MEDIA by myself. But this folder is also default for saving pictures taken with camera.
This problem appeard before i placed pictures in default folder for camera pictures.

I tried to create folder DCIM/camera and put some pictures in it and nothing happend.

Also I tried to copy some pictures to /Pictures folder and also nothing happend.

Next thing i tried is to wipe data from Media storage in apps and didn't helped...

Maybe some other solution or I should try factory reset?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, I'm running out of ideas. What file format are the photos in?

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

tompa402

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
They are in .jpg format.

I download quickpic from play store and with that app evrything is working.

But still, I don't know what is wrong with default gallery...

Chandan Kr

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
Thanks a lot guys!! I got it fixed by reading your conversation .:)
I was struggling with that problem for two days! quickpic solved the problem :)

Charles Hinkle

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
I can't see some photos in my HTC gallery app also. In the google one I see everything. All my photos are on my SD card. Must be a bug in the gallery application?

anon(9448706)

May 12, 2015
Visit site
I have htc one m7 running on lollipop update. I got the same problem. I think the problem started after I connected me phone with a computer at work just to charge it. Sync manager popped up and I ignored it as usually. That night my default gallery app did not show old photos. New photos are ok, but the old ones are stored in the phone storage(checked with file manager) and they are not shown in gallery. Also my default music app has the same problem. Music is still stored in the phone but music app does not show. I installed Quickpic for photos and Poweramp for music.....everything ok with these apps. But thats not the solution I think. If you want to send a photo by whatsapp or viber....these apps only recognize media shown in the default gallery app, so I cant send the old photos

wcakao

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I had same problem and I solved it by, 1) download files manager
2) start file manager, click "Settings", then turn on "Show hidden files"
3) you likely will see a file, .nomedia, delete it
4) now you MUST restart your smartphone and hopefully all objects in each folders should be fine

jerky33

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
+1
I had same problem and I solved it by, 1) download files manager
2) start file manager, click "Settings", then turn on "Show hidden files"
3) you likely will see a file, .nomedia, delete it
4) now you MUST restart your smartphone and hopefully all objects in each folders should be fine

I ran into the same thing, it appears that this version of gallery behaves a little differently than the version that comes with Cyanogenmod 12/13.
I had a folder named .nomedia in the root of my SD card for stuff that I didn't want to just pop up in the gallery app.
To solve this issue I used a slightly different method, I created a new folder in the root of my SD card (anything other than .nomedia) and moved the folder named .nomedia into that folder.
After that I rebooted my phone and the gallery app found all my old pictures stored on SD card.

Note: I reverted my phone back to stock rom after running into major bugs in Cyanogenmod 13's dialer app.

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem with my HTC A9, I have this problem since I rooted the phone.
I tried all suggested hints but it won't fix it, the only way is to go manually in every single folder and sometime open every single photo so it appears in Gallery.
Also many photos I took in DNG losed the edit option because I moved them to another folder