Fix for KitKat 4.4.2->4.4.4 update and WeChat or Terra Battle connection issues

TastEPlasma

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
Well, I see now that 5.0 is headed our way, so I guess better late than never.

Anyways, I just got my HTC One M8 (T-Mobile) back in November, and WeChat worked great until the 4.4.4 update.

Since then, I have had to switch to non-LTE 4G in order to use WeChat. Sometimes, after sitting all night or driving far enough, WeChat wouldn't be able to connect again. I would have to switch the phone into LTE mode, then back out in order to be able to connect. Restarting the phone and/or restarting WeChat had no effect, the only way to get it to connect was changing connection types back and forth.

Recently I got Terra Battle, and it has the exact same issue. So I tried to set up a new APN with different settings, but found that on T-Mobile the APN choices are locked. In frustration I hit the pull down menu and selected Restore Defaults. To my surprise, both WeChat and Terra Battle now work flawlessly on LTE mode, even after restarting the phone and/or apps.

I just did this tonight, so I have let it sit over night or taken it across town to work with me, but it seems like this fixed the problem.

Of course, now 5.0 is coming out, and with all the reports of bugs and crappy battery life, I am seriously thinking about trying to find a way to block the update. Updates are good, but forced updates are a nuisance, IMO.

I wanted to get this knowledge out there for others that might be having the problem, even though it might not be a relevant problem for much longer.

HTC One M8 T-Mobile 4.4.4 Update connection issues WeChat and Terra Battle

EDIT: NEXT DAY UPDATE: Still working flawlessly in LTE mode for both Apps.

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Of course, now 5.0 is coming out, and with all the reports of bugs and crappy battery life, I am seriously thinking about trying to find a way to block the update.
Rooting is the easiest way. An update will fil on a rooted phone (it better, or it can brick the phone). And HTC allows rooting.

TastEPlasma

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
Well, hell. Update is available. I guess I will give it a shot and hope I am one of the lucky ones. Worst case scenario I will have to root it and load a custom OS. Wish me luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress