How do i stop my browser from refreshing when i reopen it

perithimus

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I try to click on email links like on craigslist but it just opens up the gmail address i use at the play store. I dont use that address for email so i thought i would copy and paste using the browser but when i exit my browser to copy things from my notes the browser refreshes when i open it and clears everything i pasted in. Either i need to stop the browser from refreshing or find a way to get my primary email to pull up when clicking email links. Any suggestions?

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I would install Chrome. The first time you run it, it will ask which account it should sign into Chrome with. Choose your primary email that you WANT it to use. Click on links again, select to open the link in Chrome, and you should be golden.

I think the reloading you are seeing is the HTC multitasking change. It rarely sticks its head out to be noticed by most, but this is one of those times that you see it (and by seeing it, not liking it). I don't think you can stop the app refresh too fast behavior, just work around it.

Chrome might help out here too, but I don't think so.

perithimus

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Thats a shame. Chrome didnt work. This definitely makes me regret going with android.

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Is your primary email address Gmail? There should be no reason you can't get a Gmail address to work when clicking on an email link. And the multi-tasking thing is HTC, not Android, causing that weirdness.

If you go into SETTINGS-ACCOUNTS
Check out the Google accounts you have setup. Make sure the one you want to use for email is in there and syncing email+browser at least. It should be a matter of the browser (whether Chrome or Browser) using the account you specify.

WORST case, temporarily remove the Gmail account you do not want it to use (In SETTINGS-ACCOUNT), and try the link clicking again. Might want to reboot in between removing the account and trying, to make sure it reads the new configuration. Once tested to work with the correct email, add the other account back.

perithimus

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
No my primary account is a yahoo address i have been using for years. Its just odd that when you click on an email link it doesnt default to the mail client but the gmail client instead.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
No my primary account is a yahoo address i have been using for years. Its just odd that when you click on an email link it doesnt default to the mail client but the gmail client instead.

Actually, what's odd is that someone still uses Yahoo. :p

But you SHOULD get a choice of which app to use for sending mail. I do.

I have both Gmail and K-9 mail installed. My primary Gmail is handled by the Gmail app, and my business email and a couple other gmail accounts, (and yes, fessing up, an ancient Yahoo account) are handled by K-9.
So when I tap on an email link, I get a choice, and when I get to that app, I have a choice of which account to use if there is more than one.
(K-9 and Gmail and regular mail have the ability to handle more than one account).

y6yvy3as.jpg

Jeeze that image is big...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olalekan45