HTC One not charging and USB not recognizing ! :(

Shan Mohammed

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

Itz been like a month now i've been using HTC ONE. "ONE" of the best phone till date i've ever used. Am completely happy with the performance and looks. But from last week it stoped charging and even when i connect it to my mac itz not reading ! I havn't even dropped it even once ! The only time it getz charged is when the battery is completely drained off and wen the mobile goes off by itself. And that time when i keep it for charging, it gets charged but the red light(charging notification) keepz blinking instead of being stable. So for past few dayz i've been charging the phone this way and have to wait for the battery to drain off completely and then keep it for charging. But still the usb is not reading wen i connect it to my mac. Has anyone else encounterd the same issue ? Doesn anyone know how to resolve this issue ?

Thank You.

Last edited by a moderator:

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: HTC ONE not charging and Usb not recognizing ! :(

Hello,

Itz been like a month now i've been using HTC ONE. "ONE" of the best phone till date i've ever used. Am completely happy with the performance and looks. But from last week it stoped charging and even when i connect it to my mac itz not reading ! I havn't even dropped it even once ! The only time it getz charged is when the battery is completely drained off and wen the mobile goes off by itself. And that time when i keep it for charging, it gets charged but the red light(charging notification) keepz blinking instead of being stable. So for past few dayz i've been charging the phone this way and have to wait for the battery to drain off completely and then keep it for charging. But still the usb is not reading wen i connect it to my mac. Has anyone else encounterd the same issue ? Doesn anyone know how to resolve this issue ?

Thank You.

Try downloading drivers for your phone on your Mac. If there aren't any available for installation on OSX, you might need a PC running Windows/Linux/Ubuntu/etc.

As for your battery issue, it's likely to be a hardware defect. If you have warranty/insurance for your phone, I recommend you request a replacement device.

stoney822

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

Shan,
I have the same problem. Finally found that if I disabled the fast boot option and restarted the phone I was able to charge the battery. However that does not fix the USB connecting to the laptop.

To disable the fast boot option go to settings, power, and scroll down to fast boot and uncheck it..This lets you work around the problem but does not solve it. Please post if you find out what the problem is.

bills4

May 21, 2013
Visit site

Hey guys
did anyone end up finding a fix for this :( just happened to me this morning when i woke up ?

jamesliu1

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

I have had the same issue... TWICE! I have to warranty exchange my HTC ONE twice now. Now I am waiting on the new one to ship.

chrisxpierce

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
Visit site

Are all of you describing the problem, letting your phone die; before charging? I read somewhere that allowing your phones to completely die to where it goes off on its own, is NOT good for the phone, and this "may" be some of your problems???

The only other thing I would suggest is that you do a reset of the phone.

stoney822

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

Are all of you describing the problem, letting your phone die; before charging? I read somewhere that allowing your phones to completely die to where it goes off on its own, is NOT good for the phone, and this "may" be some of your problems???

The only other thing I would suggest is that you do a reset of the phone.

The problem is having to let the phone die before it will start charging. I finally took mine in and they gave me a new phone.

Shan Mohammed

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site

Hey,
Disabling the fast boot is not helping me . :( itz still not charging ! and as faar as the replacement is concerned , I bought the phone from Dubai and now am in India... and apparently international warranty is not applicable. FML !

John Matuszek

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

Mine just did this today. I got an error message saying a usb host cable was plugged in and charging was disabled. The only was to charge is to turn it off and watch the blinking light. My replacement phone should be here by Tuesday. My question would be does it quit charging by itself when full or will it over charge since the phone is confused.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

jayp0411

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site

it also happened to me. phone charge fine when there is battery left. but if the phone is complete dead. it will not charge at all but strangely, the computer sees the device but will not recognize it.

jayp0411

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site

I read on another forum and this seems to work... Try holding on VOL Down and Power with the phone plugged in and i managed to boot the phone, once the phone booted up, it started charging again.

i guess i will just charge the phone before the battery complete depletes from now on.

Shantanu Khanna

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site

Hi did you manage to find a solution..I also bought my phone from eBay which has international warranty n the HTC center in Delhi is not helping..

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

Just happens to me tonight. I'm not finding a fix tho. This just started happening after my phone on its own decides to go into car mode.... Crazy!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

So after about 5-6 soft resets and no luck I did the factory data reset. Still nothing. so I call T-Mobile, and their gonna send me a replacement. I get off the phone with him and try another reset for the heck of it.... low and behold its charging. But it's still stuck in car mode. Every app opens in landscape. Nuts. But at least I can charge it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

As far as the Mac seeing your phone, no drivers are needed, just plug it in. Use Android File Transfer to navigate the phone, it is simple but works and is made by Google.

snrm

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site

I am having the exact same problem. My phone kept switching on to Car mode, then all apps started opening only in landscape mode. Also, my phone stopped charging from the mains, but when connected to laptop its charging properly. I switched off and on my phone a few times. The switching on to Car mode seems to have stopped but all apps are still opening in landscape mode. Has anybody found a workable solution or do I have to approach HTC Service Centre?

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

I am having the exact same problem. My phone kept switching on to Car mode, then all apps started opening only in landscape mode. Also, my phone stopped charging from the mains, but when connected to laptop its charging properly. I switched off and on my phone a few times. The switching on to Car mode seems to have stopped but all apps are still opening in landscape mode. Has anybody found a workable solution or do I have to approach HTC Service Centre?

SNRM that is exactly how mine started. Phone was never rooted, dropped, bootloader is locked. I don't know why this started. I got it to charge, so I left it charging. After I took it off and tried another soft reset it will no longer charge and is still stuck in landscape mode. I've call T-Mobile and they are sending me a replacement, due here on friday. This reminds me of my thunderbolt days, glitches upon glitches. I hope this new one doesn't have any issues.

snrm

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site

Hi anthony2558:

Thx for your reply.

Just fyi, strangely, everything is working fine now. Last night, when my phone was charging properly in the laptop, i decided to connect it to the mains and see if now it was charging properly from there - and it was!. So i left it to charge from the mains overnight. In the morning, I rebooted my phone and lo behold the landscape issue was gone, but something else popped up. I had no sound. Now I am not sure if this problem was there before or not, but I realised it after noticing in the morning, several missed calls and no alarm ringing to wake me up. There was no audio at all - no ringtone, no music - only vibration and light flashing. I once again rebooted the phone and - voila! there was sound! ??? Only thing, after my phone booted, it automatically went into car mode immediately. I exited from it, but its working normally now... at least I think. I have not come across any other issues yet. Will keep this forum posted. Happy now but with some foreboding...

Brian Garrigues

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site

I was having the same problems and here's what I did. I was getting the message that USB debugging connected. Tap on the message notification and you have the option to turn off debugging. Then turn off the developer options at the top of the screen. Now it charges fine

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site

Not sure if it was mentioned however once you sort this out I would suggest plugging it in to charge before it gets to zero and shuts itself off. It can deteriorate the battery significantly faster than if you were to always plug it in at say ten percent remaining.

Just a heads up. Some say otherwise, however I've seen it kill a battery within a year.

HTC One - Unlocked, ARHD 12, Bulletproof Kernel, Several mods.
Nexus 7 - Cyanogenmod
Tab 2 7 - Cyanogenmod

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress