HTC One not charging and USB not recognizing ! :(

jfs101

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: HTC ONE not charging and Usb not recognizing ! :(

Hey, Rubicon75, glad an old post was useful! Will take you up on that cold one!

djvardell

Jun 12, 2016
Visit site
My HTC 10 is two weeks old. I carry it around in my pocket. Today on a long drive in the hot sun, it stopped charging from the car-charger. Once home, I checked the home charger as well--no charging. So I sprayed the USB-C port with compressed air, a can of "Ultra Duster" that I got at Office Max. I also used the open end of a needle to scrape gently around down inside the port. Never at any point did I see any dust, lint, or anything. But after a couple of swipes with the needle head, and sprays with the compressed air, I reconnected to the charging cord and it started charging.

ANUPAMA VENKATESH

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
Hey did your problem get sorted ? If yes how? Mine isn't charging when the phone is on , battery draining too fast. Even when switched off it isn't charging continuously hence even after 8 hours it's only 60% charged . Please help

Mircea Goga

Jun 18, 2017
Visit site
Hello,

I managed to get my HTC M9 to charge again.

Issue: HTC M9 not charging when turned ON, but ok when turned OFF and back ON while being connected to power source.

Workaround: Go to settings/ developer options/ select USB configuration and then change settings several times and finally select 'charge this device'.

I did not test USB connection to PC but it should work when selecting media transfer protocol MTP.

C Regan

Dec 1, 2017
Visit site
This worked! This worked PERFECTLY!

I bagged my M8 and put it in the freezer for 30 minutes and it finally started recognizing that it was plugged to a charger again. It even got up to 87 percent full (after several days of refusing to pass eight percent regardless of time spent charging).

I think I'm going to need some repair anyway, as the battery discharges way too fast (considering I bought it two months ago) and the USB port is uncomfortably wiggly, but at least I can back up my info after two days of panicking with what looked like a completely bricked phone.

hi,

Mine was not charging at all after powering itself down from lack of power. I left it connected to the USB cable trying to charge overnight and no success. Then i remembered a little trick I used to do when i was younger with alkaline batteries which was to put them in the freezer.

I kid you not, i put my htc one m8 in a zip lock bag and then put it in the freezer for no more than five minutes. Came back and took it out of the freezer. it was nice and chilled not frozen. Then i simply plugged it into the USB cable again that is attached to my computer and within 2 minutes the light started blinking again. It needed that little bit of power that the freezer gave it from contracting the battery with the little chill it did get.

prior to this i tried cleaning the usb port and every other top with holding power and volume down. try this at your own risk it just worked for me!

Last edited: