Is this normal for my HTC?

stepaul8

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I just got the phone and I turned off mobile networking because att drains my battery with LTE. However it still shows on the panel bar that I have 2 bars of LTE even though it's of and I have WiFi on. My battery was showing it was on as well. What should I do?

Posted via Android Central App

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, you still get messages over LTE I believe. If you want to save battery by having LTE off try an app called Juice Defender. It will turn off mobile data when the screen is off or on Wi-Fi

discoandhaze

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Wifimatic is great too. It learns where you connect to WiFi and turns your data on/off when you enter/exit those places.

anon(21022)

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I just got the phone and I turned off mobile networking because att drains my battery with LTE. However it still shows on the panel bar that I have 2 bars of LTE even though it's of and I have WiFi on. My battery was showing it was on as well. What should I do?

Your mobile data is off but you're still connected to the (non-LTE) mobile network, hence signal bars.

Dave Clark

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Your mobile data is off but you're still connected to the (non-LTE) mobile network, hence signal bars.

Yeah, that's how you still get calls and texts. Without those bars you would have a red cross there and nothing would come through at all. If you want it off all together put aeroplane mode on, that turns off everything and you wont even get calls or texts.

stepaul8

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, that's how you still get calls and texts. Without those bars you would have a red cross there and nothing would come through at all. If you want it off all together put aeroplane mode on, that turns off everything and you wont even get calls or texts.

I want to get calls and texts but when I'm in class I don't need LTE data an I really don't use lte much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty