Built in Messenger vs. Google Android Messenger

spewak

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else having issues between the System Messenger and Google Android Messenger?
I select the default to be Android Messenger, yet I still receive texts through both services thereby giving me a Sender unknown. I am at a loss on how to resolve this.

Dimas de Leon

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
I downloaded Android Messenger, just to give it a shot, as I'm happy with Huawei's messenger. I made Android M the default yet uninstalled it because it would not recognize any of my contacts, it would say Unknown Sender.

samsungnian

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
The only way that I know that works for me is to delete the conversation and start a new conversation in Google messages and I think I rebooted the Mate 9 as well.

anon(8547461)

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
I was having a similar problem with my daughter (using a Samsung Active). Her messages frequently arrived as Unknown Sender, and in group MMS texts her messages would never download. Frequently her simple SMS texts to me would show as "Download Failed". So I switched to Textra and that resolved the issue, but I wasn't happy that I could not use the stock Message program or Android Messages. I called AT&T and they re-provisioned my Mate 9 on the account, and I reset the APN to Default in Settings and now everything works fine. Odd to say the least, but at least it works now.

Yancy

Ev C

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Is anyone else having issues between the System Messenger and Google Android Messenger?
I select the default to be Android Messenger, yet I still receive texts through both services thereby giving me a Sender unknown. I am at a loss on how to resolve this.

I have gotten the unknown messenger for certain messages that existed prior to using Google messenger. As for the stick messenger, it's horrible for group texts. I often have group texts with 5 people and it just can't keep up. There is scroll lag. If it's one o e conversation it's great. However because of those issues I'm between Google messenger and Textra.