Virtuous v2.6

rugbyua9

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to give a shout out to the Virtuous v2.6 ROM + Revolution Theme. This ROM has worked flawlessly for me so far. I love the feel of sense, something i missed after going to SR Vanilla.

The ROM is snappy and fast. I'm not too concerned with my Quadrant score or Linpack at the moment so I don't have those. I'm personally going for more of a stock sense feel over performance. The battery life has been AMAZING for me so far.

Uptime: 3:21
Awake Time: 1:50
Battery: 94% (moderate use, streaming Fox News Radio for 30 minutes)

Anyone else having a great experience with Virtuous 2.6? What about bad?

Jeepzor

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Yea I'm loving it as well. Very snappy...feels just like the normal OTA without the battery issues :) Plus you can delete all the stock bloat ware. I went 39hours with 6 hours up time and I was only down to 15% when I put it on the charger. Could have easily got 48 hours. Using the 1500Mah Battery

rugbyua9

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
anyway to change the accent color on the revolution theme? I don't like how it changed everything red.

Hmmm im not sure. I think you can. In my research, I think its possible since the ROM is deodexed but I am unsure about where to make those changes.

mikestorm

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Using Virtuous 2.6. Very stable. Battery life with this + kingxkernel BFS #2 is epic.

Unless some as yet unknown deal breaker is sourced, I'll be sporting this build until GB leaks.

rugbyua9

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Using Virtuous 2.6. Very stable. Battery life with this + kingxkernel BFS #2 is epic.

Unless some as yet unknown deal breaker is sourced, I'll be sporting this build until GB leaks.

Nice, I was just getting curious as to if Virtuous supports King kernels. Guess that answers my question.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Nice, I was just getting curious as to if Virtuous supports King kernels. Guess that answers my question.

Any Sense based ROM is supported by Hydra and King kernels. The only ROMs that don't are the true vanilla AOSP roms like Ruby, Cyanogen, etc.

Todd M

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
The notes on the site mention that the Droid startup sound was removed due to it being annoying. I personally like that start up sound, so how hard is it to put it back in if I go with this ROM?

Still reading up on changing kernels as I wonder if I should do that or not with a ROM change...

UWPVIOLATOR

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
What Radio are you guys running on this? I dont have 720p after flashing this ROM and have been told it might be my Radio.

Last edited:

Commander

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Been running it since the v2.1 release. It is a great ROM and the features, goodies and customizations and the ease of change makes this a great ROM for those of us not looking to super tweak the phone (Although you can).

I'm running radio 2.15.00.07.28 and do have 720p video but have to change the resolution in the video camera settings as 720p is not default.

cjcarter

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
What Radio are you guys running on this? I dont have 720p after flashing this ROM and have been told it might be my Radio.

Do you have the option but when trying to use it reboots the phone or is the option just not there? Either way you need to update the radio to actually have 720p work

UWPVIOLATOR

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Do you have the option but when trying to use it reboots the phone or is the option just not there? Either way you need to update the radio to actually have 720p work

Yeah there just is not an option. What radio do I update to also what kernal should I update to as well. In order to update radio I have to use Unrevoked Forever Correct and turn S-off. I used Unrevoked 3 the other day ( I don't think that puts S-off)

Last edited:

rugbyua9

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Yeah there just is not an option. What radio do I update to also what kernal should I update to as well. In order to update radio I have to use Unrevoked Forever Correct and turn S-off. I used Unrevoked 3 the other day ( I don't think that puts S-off)

Correct, you have to use Forever to turn S-Off. Unrevoked will not turn S-Off.

I'm still on an old radio as I have not had a chance to run Forever and load a new radio. I am using 2.05 and have 720p.