Phone won't play music through USB aux in car after root.

floormaster

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
For some reason (on any usb setting, Charger, Media, ) my G2 won't play music in my car after I rooted yesterday. The AUX will still charge the phone. When I select Pandora, Sirius, or any other music player it just plays through the speakers on the phone and the car shows "Aux not connected". This only doesn't work after I rooted a few days ago. Any ideas? thanks.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Seems odd. Simply rooting should have no impact on this functionality. After rooting did you mess with any files, change anything in your build.prop file, or freeze/uninstall any system apps?

Sent from my LG G2 via Tapatalk

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I did remove a lot of bloatware and made sure thats all it was. Att Locker, Att Contacts...

I assume you used Titanium Backup to freeze/uninstall the bloat. You may want to restore everything you uninstalled then check to see if Aux works. If not, you'll know it had something to do with the root process. If it does, then you'll want to try and narrow it down to which app might be causing it.

If you have the Verizon version of the G2, there is a restore to stock guide posted over at XDA, as well as a new root method that seems to be cleaner. If you continue to have problems you may want to start from scratch.

DeeDroid84

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
Im assuming you were able to play your audio through the car usb before rooting, how did you do it? I just got a g2 (Verizon) and it's not working for me. I had a droid 4 & it worked as long as it was debugged. Other forums are saying it's not possible, please tell me how you were able to do it

Last edited: