Video playback = auto dim!!!

mr.holtz

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Can someone help a brother out??!!

Every time I try and play a video from an MMS or from my gallery the phone automatically turns the brightness down almost not visible!

If I turn the brightness up on the notification panel it only brightens the panel then will return to very dark after I return to the video.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

BecomingDeath13

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
The video has a separate brightness to the rest of the phone. While viewing a video drag your finger up one side of the screen (I don't recall which side, but I believe it's the left) it will raise brightness.

Posted From My Sprint Nexus S 4G

Euan Tan

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
While watching a video. pause it and find the settings option and theres an option for brightness... essentially it will always play the video at this brightness level

Just_Some_Nobody

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
<*Shakes head*> nobody reads the forums...

The video player remembers your last setting.

Run your finger up the left side to increase brightness.

Posted via Android Central App using an LG G2.

sljohnson84

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
And if that doesn't work, go into the settings of the video player and turn OFF auto brightness as well! Bugged me at first too. But yes, loving the brightness level on the left side of the screen, volume on right side.

Posted via Android Central App

Les Singleton

Dec 4, 2016
Visit site
Thank you SO MUCH for this simple, but effective, answer. I was suffering the same problem, so I typed;
' low brightness on LG video playback' into Google, now sorted! Easy ( when you know how). Thanks again 👍👍

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress