LG3 Tmobile and the Lollipop update

rayfornario

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to hear from other Tmobile customers with the LG3!
I had the Lollipop update in my notification tray but did not update right away after hearing problems with WiFi calling and other issues. My lollipop notification was gone after a week and when I went to check in settings, they said my phone was up to date running KitKat. I called Tmobile and they stated that they had pulled the update for LG 3 due to problems many people were experiencing.
Has anyone else heard this from Tmobile?:(

Chris Dontworryaboutit

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I herd the same. I am also having the WiFi calling issues along with mobile data issues. The signal meter randomly will just go blank with a circle turning like it's looking for a signal. It's not like the signal is weak or anything because seconds prior to noticing this, I have seen full bars of 4g lte. I have to fiddle with airplane mode and turning mobile data on and off and it usually comes back on and that's without moving so it's definitely a problem int he phone. The Wifi calling problem is the same. It just randomly cuts in and out even when there is a strong signal on any other device I use. Hopefully they fix it soon but not holding my breath.

winscott63

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I did my update through the LG download and have very inconsistent wifi calling. Also lately when I leave wifi to get back on the network it won't connect to the 4glte. I have to turn on airplane mode and turn it back off to get it back on.

Andy Bredemeyer

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
This is discouraging. Yet at least if T-Mobile recognizes there's a problem, they probably intend to do something about it. I've had sluggish performance for simple tasks like the multitask button, unexplained battery drain and heating up in my pocket, mobile data cutting out randomly, MMS issues. Here's to hoping there's a fix coming, but I won't expect it before late May.

Gdraft#WN

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I decided to call T-Mobile yesterday, just to see what they had to say about it.

The guy on the phone was either a brilliant actor and should get an oscar. Or they are telling their support staff squat.

After doing the song and dance, and I asked him to look to see if T-Mobile had any notes or remarks about the update.

He stated "there are no notes OR ANY KNOWN ISSUES with the lollipop update"

At that point whether he was straight up lying or completely in the dark, I was tired of T-Mobile's BS and hung up.

Posted via the Android Central App

sojodave

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Bluetooth no longer works with my car, wifi calling cuts out on every call, and my battery sucks life like a dyson. Please update this mess Tmobile and fix my phone. Why oh why did I update my phone to Lollipop?

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
My battery life is fine. And maybe better than Kitkat. I don't use wi-fi calling anymore since I've had unlimited calling. Perhaps the wi-fi calling and battery life issues are related? It would be good to put up some numbers on your battery usage - a screenshot.

Just mentioning "terrible battery life" isn't helpful.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
This is discouraging. Yet at least if T-Mobile recognizes there's a problem, they probably intend to do something about it. I've had sluggish performance for simple tasks like the multitask button, unexplained battery drain and heating up in my pocket, mobile data cutting out randomly, MMS issues. Here's to hoping there's a fix coming, but I won't expect it before late May.

I have none of those issues. It *might* be a rogue app. Did you do a factory reset?

nodzarf

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Besides having to factory reset to help with the battery draining after the lollipop update, mms not downloading on the stock messaging app, having to reconfirm my password for wifi multiple times, bluetooth not autoconnecting and having to unlock the phone when opening messages from the notification bar, I'm waiting for the "M" series update.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Besides having to factory reset to help with the battery draining after the lollipop update, mms not downloading on the stock messaging app, having to reconfirm my password for wifi multiple times, bluetooth not autoconnecting and having to unlock the phone when opening messages from the notification bar, I'm waiting for the "M" series update.

You're on T-Mobile? You do know this is a LG G3 T-Mobile thread?

drbol

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
my wifi calling always gives me an error, saying it cannot connect. I switch to another wifi signal and it will connect for a while then give me an error code. I wish I would have stuck with KitKat. Lollipop was hyped up so much and I fell for it. I did a factory reset too and the sluggishness is not as bad it is still noticeable. My advice to anyone thinking of updating is to hold off until another update is sent out to fix these issues. I emailed LG too but only received an automated "we will contact you shortly" response, no one has contacted me. It is such an awesome phone, PLEASE fix it!!!!!

Jmathewg

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I called tmobile twice. First time the guy the triubleshooting guy said there was a known issue but lg hasnt released any other details.
I called again today and another troubleshooting guy said he could not find any known issues and if i was to exchange my device under warranty then there is no guarranty ill recieve a new device.

SchmottyG3

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
It has been terrible.

1. Email syncs 24/7 instead of abiding by the specific schedule (out of office hours) I have set, which worked fine before the update. This causes Thunderbird on my workstation to show all my mail as read so I end up overlooking new email.

2.Email freezes if I uses it to check all three accounts too much. I have to restart the phone.

3. WiFi shuts off when I when the screen shuts off. There is a setting to prevent that and that setting has been set to prevent that since before the update. Worked fine before, but now its a PITA. I like to stream Pandora and MLB AtBat when I work, as my workstation doesn't have speakers.

4. This may be related to 3, but text messages and email fail to send, because "I dont' have internet access" even though I'm connected to the same WiFi on a laptop that does have internet access and the hotspot is only 4 feet from the phone with only a keyboard and mouse between them.

It seems like Lollipop is ignoring some of the settings.

Gdraft#WN

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm debating about doing a factory reset or trying to revert back to kit kat.

Has anyone tried the link/steps posted in the "I need help, lollipop lg g3 T-Mobile sucks" (yes it does), thread?

If I have to go through all of the steps to factory reset and loose data, I would prefer to go to a version that I know works (I had no issues with kit kat, but took the red pill when lollipoop came out)

I glanced at the thread at xda,...... I really don't want to brick my phone. And that looked a little intimidating

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty