Phone switched on by itself when charging

Teddy Sutanto

May 31, 2015
Visit site
Hi... I just got my G4 yesterday and it's owesome. 1 question though... Whenever I power off, then connect it to the charger / any USB power source, it will power itself on and begin charge.

I can power it off again manually, then it will show the battery charging indicator when the phone off.

Is it normal?
Thanks Ted

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Yes, it works this way on all of our phones. If you'd like to power it off without it coming back on, keep it unplugged. Or just have it already plugged in when you turn it off. If you plug in after turning it off, it should come back on.
It's not entirely on when it's plugged in and only showing the large battery icon charging; the screen will turn back off if you leave it alone (or push the power button to turn the screen off). Then you can just let it charge like that while it's still "off". If you wanted to use it again, you'd need to hold the power button to turn it back on.

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm not clear on why you would ever want to turn the phone off? Only time I can think of is when you aren't using it, don't have a charger and want to preserve the battery.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm not clear on why you would ever want to turn the phone off? Only time I can think of is when you aren't using it, don't have a charger and want to preserve the battery.

I sometimes turn my phone off when I want to charge it up.
It does charge a little faster when off.
It's more of a preference for me,, to turn it off or not turn it off. :)

Teddy Sutanto

May 31, 2015
Visit site
It's because the G4 is my secondary phone (the Z3 / M8 is the main one); i would like to test it a few days before making it the primary phone for daily use...
I sometimes turn my phone off when I want to charge it up.
It does charge a little faster when off.
It's more of a preference for me,, to turn it off or not turn it off. :)
you are right.. it would charge faster with the phone off... no big deal anyway... thanks so much guys

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress