From Windows back to Android

Neill Baldwin

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
O.K. So hopefully I get my LG4 next week. I'll then have 14 days to decide to keep it. Help me with some news feeds, widgets to set up. Is going to be really difficult for me as I'm sure I'll be missing my live tiles.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
You can use a Windows-Phone-style launcher if you get desperate. :)

Posted via the Android Central App

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
O.K. So hopefully I get my LG4 next week. I'll then have 14 days to decide to keep it. Help me with some news feeds, widgets to set up. Is going to be really difficult for me as I'm sure I'll be missing my live tiles.

Hmmm...no you won't, not for long anyways.

WP is boring compared to what you are going to find out about a truly flagship Android phone experience and while live tiles are nice you have more options to choose from on setting up your phone to really express yourself.

News readers,sports readers,stock&bonds the list is endless..you will have plenty of widgets to choose from and then you have all of the custom launchers with various themes and additional icon packs...

Now it's going to take a little time to figure out what you might like or dislike so don't get overwhelmed by it because it is easy to do if you aren't careful.

Get your phone and look in the settings and learn how to add a widget to the home screen ...then try a custom launcher like Nova launcher...and learn how to set it up..or not because some people like 100% stock too..

No...once you are out of a locked sandbox and can make your phone your own live tiles will be a thing of the past for you I think...

Posted with my awesome LG g4

DrYoyoDyne

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Um... what news feeds did you use on WP? What do care about and want to keep up with? There are literally tens of thousands of different widgets avail on the play store.

Bkr11

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Hands down my wp experiences have always been smoother and more consistent than Android. That said doing a factory reset on my Xperia Z1s has done wonders for its battery life and smoothness.

JmpnJeronimo

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Windows Phone is the smoothest UI out there, never any lag or glitching. I will truly miss my beloved Lumia and as soon as Microsoft gets off there tails and creates the 940 or 1040 or whatever they will call it I will most likely be jumping back!

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Windows Phone is the smoothest UI out there, never any lag or glitching. I will truly miss my beloved Lumia and as soon as Microsoft gets off there tails and creates the 940 or 1040 or whatever they will call it I will most likely be jumping back!
I disagree. My Lumia 920 became practically unusable due to the constant "resuming". I've been using a 2013 Moto X for 3½ months now without any lag.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Heh heh heh. G3. I use and enjoy WP as well. :)

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 58468.jpg
    58468.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 51

Neill Baldwin

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for all the responses. For instance on the live tiles, I like that I've got a tile that rotates my photo album. Another tile that gives me my NFL scores without opening anything. I'm quite sure this phone is as good as it gets, just an adjustment going back to Android

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the responses. For instance on the live tiles, I like that I've got a tile that rotates my photo album. Another tile that gives me my NFL scores without opening anything. I'm quite sure this phone is as good as it gets, just an adjustment going back to Android
I have no idea how good the widget for this app works, since I switched to Android in March, and there's no NFL yet. But it says it has a widget for scores. https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ails?id=lunosoftware.nflscores&token=88R_O_xo

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I disagree. My Lumia 920 became practically unusable due to the constant "resuming". I've been using a 2013 Moto X for 3½ months now without any lag.

Yup...same for my1020 and my 1520 not to mention a host of other issues myself and others had/have.

My m8 had no lag and was a good phone, but doesn't hold a candle to my g4 . This phone rocks.....

Posted with my awesome LG g4

larrynj

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site

I can't help you with widgets because I didn't know the difference between a widget and an icon until about 3 minutes ago. :confused:
I can tell you that you will not need 14 days to decide. After about 14 minutes with the G4 you'll know you are going to keep it.

as soon as Microsoft gets off there tails and creates the 940 or 1040 or whatever they will call it I will most likely be jumping back!

If they have the coolest phone I'll go back. It's more about the device for me now.

My Lumia 920 became practically unusable due to the constant "resuming".

Wow, I used the 920 from the day it came out until 2 days ago without any issues. Other than me cracking the screen a couple times. Same with my GF's 1520. But I'm a very simple guy with only about 10 apps installed. Although I had many issues years ago with android, I'm confident they will be non existent with this G4.

Neill Baldwin

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
I can't help you with widgets because I didn't know the difference between a widget and an icon until about 3 minutes ago. :confused:
I can tell you that you will not need 14 days to decide. After about 14 minutes with the G4 you'll know you are going to keep it.

If they have the coolest phone I'll go back. It's more about the device for me now.

Wow, I used the 920 from the day it came out until 2 days ago without any issues. Other than me cracking the screen a couple times. Same with my GF's 1520. But I'm a very simple guy with only about 10 apps installed. Although I had many issues years ago with android, I'm confident they will be non existent with this G4.

I hope you're right. Another thing I've enjoyed about my Windows phones are that I've had pretty much zero trouble from them in the almost 3 years with them. They run pretty much the same now as the day I got them. I really can't say the same for Android phones I've had in the past or for my wife's Samsung phones she's had.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

I think the number of apps might have been the difference for me. I had around 70 apps on my Lumia 920.

I have 175 apps on my Moto X. Only 1 of those apps is a game.

txsizzler

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
With Windows 10 phone, we might finally have Microsoft become a true contender, and offer some stiff competition for Google and Apple. Now, if they could have some flagship devices available when we see it's release...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty