My G4 battery results so far

Photon4glover

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I'll try tomorrow night after work ;) no need to be aggressive

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk
That is strange gsam said docent
b43a6b7f050dde81d6a61f5af726c0f1.jpg

Hmm...that's strange the screen only used 28% of the battery.
Welcome to the 8SOT club.

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Tell them to post their screenshot here.
Turn off sync and that brightness next time.
I'm sure there is a lot more you can turn off and disable too.
I will try and squeeze as much as I can out of my phone soon and post once I do that.

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Wasn't hard. Only hard part was holding my phone for 8 hours. Apparently someone is going to beat my record today so I'm waiting. I could be it to if I turned down brightness and off sync

I see they beat your SOT but something tells me something is not matching up.
The percentage of the battery used while you "game' is too low versus my SOT and others like the guy who got 10 SOT his had 68% yours is only 29%. Something is not right, I will test this myself soon.
Doesn't make sense.

Photon4glover

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I see they beat your SOT but something tells me something is not matching up.
The percentage of the battery used while you "game' is too low versus my SOT and others like the guy who got 10 SOT his had 68% yours is only 29%. Something is not right, I will test this myself soon.
Doesn't make sense.
Yeah I'm not sure why it said that because gsam said different. About to test again but go for 10 hours. Just takes a lot out on my hands

Stwutter

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Holy crap you got a lot going on in that status bar, I guess that's why you are only getting about 16 hours total battery time.

True, but good to see someone actually use their very expensive top-of-the-range smartphone and get 16 hours than have to throttle the life out of just to get to 5pm.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Holy crap you got a lot going on in that status bar, I guess that's why you are only getting about 16 hours total battery time.

True, but good to see someone actually use their very expensive top-of-the-range smartphone and get 16 hours than have to throttle the life out of just to get to 5pm.

I can say I have not disabled anything on my G4 .. all syncs .. everything going. I like my smartphone to be smart and do what I need it to do. I personally have always been against "Turn all this off".

I mean if you don't use it -- turning it off definitely doesn't hurt (such as on my S6 I turned off some T-Mobile stuff and virus protection since I don't use it) -- but if you're going to use that feature but are shutting it off for battery then you may want to look at another phone or maybe a spare battery. I need my phone to last throughout the day... I don't need it to last 3 days without a charge since I can charge at night :).

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I think I'd rather have control over something so smart.
Be smarter than it...

How do I lose control by allowing it to sync so I get my data as it happens rather than at set intervals? I also am not dumber than the phone by allowing it. Not sure I am following you here...

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
How do I lose control by allowing it to sync so I get my data as it happens rather than at set intervals? I also am not dumber than the phone by allowing it. Not sure I am following you here...

Sorry I wasn't saying that directly to you but to the general public.
Your data is your data, it contains private things like photos/video and contacts.
I would much rather know when things are getting synced and transferred.
I would use VPN for now to prevent other apps from retrieving the data you don't want them to have.
Until most people root their phones we don't have much control over the phone.
It's just my preference to check into things myself instead of the phone letting apps do what they want.
Plus it saves battery power for the long run.

Stwutter

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I can say I have not disabled anything on my G4 .. all syncs .. everything going. I like my smartphone to be smart and do what I need it to do. I personally have always been against "Turn all this off".

I mean if you don't use it -- turning it off definitely doesn't hurt (such as on my S6 I turned off some T-Mobile stuff and virus protection since I don't use it) -- but if you're going to use that feature but are shutting it off for battery then you may want to look at another phone or maybe a spare battery. I need my phone to last throughout the day... I don't need it to last 3 days without a charge since I can charge at night :).

Indeed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress