Umm, I may have a problem, need some help!

formula355

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Well, long story short, I dropped the phone in water a couple months back. Completely came apart in the process. I dried it out and got everything working good again. A couple days after, the power button stopped working. I dropped it again this evening and the battery came out. Now I don't have any way of turning it back on, or do I? If I leave it on the charger and let it fully charge will it turn on on it's own? If not I'm going to have to get another phone. I can't turn it in for warranty because I rooted it.

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
You do have a problem and you may need a ballistic case and a plastic bag for your next phone. :D

Seriously, though. You might consider taking it to a Sprint service tech and explaining what happened. If you don't get an answer you like, you could try taking it apart yourself to see if you can pinpoint the trouble.

Some ROMs power up when you plug in a charger. Other than that, I don't know of a way to cold boot without the power button.

Reactions: formula355

formula355

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Well, I'm hoping it will power up at a full charge, because it didn't when I plugged it in.

I'm running HydroROM btw. I may have to take it apart I guess. Can't hurt it anymore then what I already have, lol.

Oh and btw, I have a case for it but I'm a dumbass and never put it back on after the power button stopped working. Which, now, when I think about it, I probably should have. :D

formula355

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Um mine will boot if I plug in the power cord and pull it out after the log screen pops up
I think I tried that but I'll try it again tonight. I tried everything I could think of last night and just went ahead and bought another phone. I'll still give it a whirl though.

formula355

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Well it worked. Unplugged the charger as the LG screen came up and it booted up. Still gonna keep the Nexus since my wife thinks its stupid to use a phone with a broken power button, haha. Gonna hang on to the Opti for ROM testing though. Thanks for all the help guys!

Sent from my HydroROM LS670

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Well it worked. Unplugged the charger as the LG screen came up and it booted up. Still gonna keep the Nexus since my wife thinks its stupid to use a phone with a broken power button, haha. Gonna hang on to the Opti for ROM testing though. Thanks for all the help guys!

Glad you could get your phone up and running again. If I may suggest, you may want to change the thread title to something more meaningful so that others with the same issue can more easily find the information you received.

Reactions: formula355

formula355

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Drew. I would be more than happy to change the title but I'm afraid I don't know how. I'm assuming though that I can't do it from tapatalk.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95