So much for that Gingerbread update, eh?

rc28a

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
For a "low end" phone, it is actually very crisp, responsive, and a decent device. It is currently their pushed out low-end device, and pushing gingerbread to it would be a smart marketing ploy. Not everybody can drop 200 dollars on the next Evo/Epic. Not everybody wants a crappy phone like a moment...

As for the issues you're pointing out for CM7, I've had no such issues, and sprint's 3g network can actually hold a skype video call with better quality than my comcast cable internet.

Looks like they are trying to sell them all off: http://www.androidcentral.com/sprint-lg-optimus-s-drop-20

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
they did that with the hero too... i got mine for 50, they dropped it to 20, and then it went back up to 150....

denshigomi

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
did they update hero?
Yes. The Hero originally shipped with Android 1.5.
On December 17, 2009 HTC announced it would be upgraded to 2.1. (Twitter / HTC: Anybody notice the clarifi ...)
On February 16, 2010 Sprint set a timeframe for the release. (Twitter / Sprint: Android update! Upgrades t ...)
On May 19, 2010 the update was released. (Support - Article)

I am highly doubful such a low end phone will get gingerbread as Sprint will sell new phones as a next gen device having Gingerbread. It doesn't make marketing sense to put the development work into it.
I would be inclined to agree with you, but LG has already committed to bring Gingerbread to the Optimus One line of phones. I doubt Sprint will turn the update down.

rc28a

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Yes. The Hero originally shipped with Android 1.5.
On December 17, 2009 HTC announced it would be upgraded to 2.1. (Twitter / HTC: Anybody notice the clarifi ...)
On February 16, 2010 Sprint set a timeframe for the release. (Twitter / Sprint: Android update! Upgrades t ...)
On May 19, 2010 the update was released. (Support - Article)

I would be inclined to agree with you, but LG has already committed to bring Gingerbread to the Optimus One line of phones. I doubt Sprint will turn the update down.

But then doesn't sprint have to sprintify the rom and then get staff trained to support the new version? I don't think its going to happen... when the hero came out there weren't many options for phones. Now there are so many high end phones. Also when the hero came out it WAS a high end phone unlike the lg now.

Blake1288

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Jesus ... I haven't heard anything in a month now, maybe this isn't going to happen after all. Oh well, Reborn is just fine IMO, I can deal with it. Even though it's not so much dealing with it since it's awesome.

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Its not surpose to come out until END of May to begining of June. But i could care less! I am happy with my rooted But stock rom Optimus!
What is 2.3 surpose to have that would be any better then what we have now?
Now when i had the Sanyo Zio it came with 2.1 and I wanted the 2.2 update only because the 2.2 was like 200% faster! I have not heard of a big speed increase from 2.2 to 2.3.
So my only concern now is how to stop the update from popping up in the notification bar!

hamagc

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
On xda there is a thread about lgs fb page. July was given instead of may now for Optimus one. Nothing sprint specific. 2.3 brought better management and a few enhancements. Wasn't as big from 2.1 to 2.2imo.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
but CM7 is a custom ROM, which, isn't officially supported but then again does run nigh flawless on the optimus...

For G-Bread, last I've heard has already been confirmed in this thread....

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
but CM7 is a custom ROM, which, isn't officially supported but then again does run nigh flawless on the optimus...

For G-Bread, last I've heard has already been confirmed in this thread....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emii