Want to upgrade from Note 5 but...

acles003

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Looking for advice or confirmation that I'm screwed.

Got a Samsung Galaxy Note 5 December 2015. I stupidly didn't sign up to be on Jump! Or JOD. When I sign into my T-Mobile account, they show an "upgrade" button, making me think that maybe since I have paid off half of my payments they are letting me upgrade. Noticed my bill would be $30 more, and I confirmed with them that only way I could upgrade to LG V20 would be to pay $30/month for that phone while also continuing to pay off my Samsung phone.

The button saying upgrade is confusing and misleading.

Anyway, am I stuck with my Samsung for another year or is there another option I haven't come across?

Thanks.

acles003

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Other than selling it, that's what you signed up for when you got it.
Yeah, just checked Swappa and the Note 5 is going for around $360. I still owe $340 so I could just sell my phone, pay off the balance, and then upgrade to LG V20 and make sure I add jump on demand.

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
You know... I'd stay with my Note 5 anyway.

I'm having to return my 3rd Note 7 when my LG v20 comes in... yes, 3rd Note 7 is still in my hands...

Now, the LG v20 has reports of camera lenses breaking... I ordered the v20 after I had initially ordered the Pixel XL, and cancelled it. Why? Lab tests about weak signal strength for one thing... Big deal to anyone who lives in a more remote area. (and Verizon made me angry with changing their plan from 50% payoff to 100% payoff without telling me!)

And I don't think I can personally get over that HUGE bezel with no capacitive buttons on it... just dead real estate... such a waste of space and just plain ugly.

iPhones catching fire... (but at a much lower, acceptable rate, I'm told.) Still wouldn't want one anyway.

And my husband is rockin' his Note 5. Not a blip. Nice, solid phone with a good antenna / call reception. Lots of features.

The Fall of 2016 does not seem to be the year for cell phones. You're not missing anything, I don't think. If my LG has the camera lens shatter, I'm going back to eBay and picking up another Note 5 and calling it a day for 2016.

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
My wife upgraded (Sprint) from a Note 5...battery life on the V20 simply blows it away.
As for the worrying about the back lens cover? Doon't peel the plastic off the glass lens screen and put it in a case and stop worrying...there have been very few reports and only one AC user.

That Note 5 back always scared the crap out of me when I had mine for potential breakage........

mholdr

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, just checked Swappa and the Note 5 is going for around $360. I still owe $340 so I could just sell my phone, pay off the balance, and then upgrade to LG V20 and make sure I add jump on demand.

you need to pay it off BEFORE you sell it or you could get into trouble down the line.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty