Alternative Qi Charger for Moto 360 with metal band?

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Can anybody recommend an alternative Qi charger to use with the Moto 360 with a metal band? Since you can't unbuckle the band like you can with the leather band, it would have to wrap around the charger. I'm mainly looking for something to charge the watch in the car and the stock charger doesn't work too well for that as it tips over quite easily while driving.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You can't magnetically charge a device that's magnetically shielded. It's not which charger you use, it's which laws of physics you use. And we have only one set of those. The charging current is just warming any conductive loop put on the pad.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Can anybody recommend an alternative Qi charger to use with the Moto 360 with a metal band? Since you can't unbuckle the band like you can with the leather band, it would have to wrap around the charger. I'm mainly looking for something to charge the watch in the car and the stock charger doesn't work too well for that as it tips over quite easily while driving.
You can thank drexappeal for finding the charger in his post here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/moto-360/452275-pebble-band-charging-mat.html#post3994442

Technically, any QI charger will work with some extra effort (like stacking it on top of your wallet to wrap the watch around it), but the DiGiYes linked in the post above is by far the best solution I've seen for the Moto 360 and it's a bargain for less than $13.

That whole thread is probably worth your time to read.

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
You can thank drexappeal for finding the charger in his post here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/moto-360/452275-pebble-band-charging-mat.html#post3994442

Technically, any QI charger will work with some extra effort (like stacking it on top of your wallet to wrap the watch around it), but the DiGiYes linked in the post above is by far the best solution I've seen for the Moto 360 and it's a bargain for less than $13.

That whole thread is probably worth your time to read.

Thanks for the information dungoyle!