Moto G: dropping calls

anon8091350

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi, returned to Android after three years away, decided on Moto G, it's running KitKat out of the box,
i have a problem as it drops calls every time i ring a contact, the network i use is very strong signal area,
and worked with out problems on a windows phone, anyone having this problem?, have yet to make a complete call.
a shame as it does everything else perfectly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sancrya0

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi! Never heard that problem before, atleast not with the Moto G. Must be very annoying.

I can't really seem to find a deff solution googling, but did you try factory resetting your device?

Also, try not to **** people off because they might just be hanging up on you (just kidding lol).

Lemme know if/when you fixed it :)

Posted via Android Central App

anon8091350

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi! Never heard that problem before, atleast not with the Moto G. Must be very annoying.

I can't really seem to find a deff solution googling, but did you try factory resetting your device?

Also, try not to **** people off because they might just be hanging up on you (just kidding lol).

Lemme know if/when you fixed it :)

Posted via Android Central App

Hi, Sancryao thanks for your advice did factory reset, and it has cured the dropped calls, fingers crossed,
otherwise a brilliant phone, i try a new phone by ringing my granddaughters first, in case this problem arises
too risky if it happened with a customer, Moto G is my first smartphone from Motorola,
last phone was my Razr v3 2004, it's still in use, many thanks for your help, Winston101.

Parth Mehta1

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
HI,

did the problem reoccur after factory reset ?
I am facing the same problem and I have only a few eeks left in warranty period.
So I do not want to just factiry reset it and solve the problem, which might reoccur after say a month.
SO it would be great if you could let me know if the problem reoccured for you.

moatstro

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
My husband and I have had the Motorola G since they have come out and absolutely love it. We eventually had to get them replace because they were broken, the new ones had a couple new things and they were still great just last year the calls started dropping, we just thought it was our house because previous phones that we had dropped calls too. When we moved everything was great, then they started dropping calls again. So we both factory reset our phones and it seemed to remedy the issue. A few weeks later it started up again, couldn't get past the 30 second mark of a conversation without it dropping. We rest them again and even hard started them. Nothing is working now. Our phones had the new update they came out with updated, and now it is worse than ever, I make a call and get 2 to maybe 5 seconds of talking in and then it cuts out. I have to call back 3 or 4 times before it actually last longer. Tried hard starting and it only temporarily fixed the issues for a day and then it was back at it. I tried turning airplane mode on and then back off it would work for a week and then be right back at it.

I love this phone, but with my job and the things that i do with my family I need a phone that can make reliable phone calls.

Does anyone know if a new update is coming soon or not? :( :'( :-\ :eek: :confused: :mad: