Android Marshmallow not letting me to even check for software update on roaming celluar network.

Joel Justin

Apr 10, 2017
Visit site
My primary celular network is currently on roaming (in my country there is no additional data charge for roaming network).
I don't have WIFI since it was ironically expensive as compared to mobile data so don't give me that suggestion.
How can I override this issue and update my phone over celular network on roaming? By the way I have already enabled data on roaming in celular network settings.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Did you get your phone directly from a carrier, or did you get it unlocked from somewhere else? If it's a carrier-specific phone, it usually needs to be on that carrier's network in order to get the official OTA system update.

akash2450dutta

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Did you get your phone directly from a carrier, or did you get it unlocked from somewhere else? If it's a carrier-specific phone, it usually needs to be on that carrier's network in order to get the official OTA system update.

It's not that we can't get an update but we are facing the problem that we can't update over a roaming sim it works only on wifi. We would like a solution for that as in some cases wifi Network can be paid n a lot expensive over cellular network Data usage.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I'm not sure if there's a way to get around that. Some manufacturers and carriers allow you to update using a program on your PC, but I don't think Moto has that. Which carrier do you have?

akash2450dutta

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I'm not sure if there's a way to get around that. Some manufacturers and carriers allow you to update using a program on your PC, but I don't think Moto has that. Which carrier do you have?

I recently got a Coolpad Note 3s with an Airtel India 4G sim. But I think I got the solution. We have to just click the software update button 5 to 6 times repetatively. It will start to search for update.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty