Moto X: Cannot receive MMS photo messages from iPhones

jayciro

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
hi all, I new to this forum, so thanks in advance for your help.

I have a moto X on 4..4.2 android.

When a user from an iphone sends me 1 or more photos in a SMS 1 of 2 things happens:
1) I receive the message with the "play" button as you can see in the screen shot, but cannot view the photo. Instead I view the written portion of the message (which I can see in normal text view already)

or

2) I click into the thumbnail of the photo viewer and then it takes me a shrunken version of a slide show where i have no control of the length of time I can view a photo, download the photo, zoom into the photo, etc.

Both options are terrible.

Any ideas of how to fix this?

Last edited by a moderator:

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: Cannot receive SMS Photo messages from iPhones

It's an iPhone thing. I don't have that problem receiving from an iPhone 5/5s, only 4S and below.

If you are willing to use a 3rd party SMS app, GoSMS will "fix" it. Otherwise, ask the person texting you to send just a pic with no text. It's big time annoying. My Galaxy S did it, my GNex didn't do it stock, but did with Cyanogenmod.

Posted via Android Central App

KM Gardens

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site

Had the same problem. I switched from an iPhone to Moto X. Apple still had my phone# registered in iCloud. Once I straightened that out everything was good

blacksapphire08

May 2, 2010
Visit site

Same here, its the iPhone doing it. Once my mom switched to a Droid i was able to see her pics.

Posted via Android Central App

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Please keep the discussion civil and on-topic. If you don't care for the thread or a post, then simply move on. If you have nothing constructive to add to the discussion, I suggest that you refrain from posting.

Thread has been cleaned up.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II