Slow wake from active display

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone else have an issue when they unlock from active display?

Every 5-9 times I'll get a blank black screen for 2-3 seconds before it wakes.

I had other issues that seem to be gone after I did a factory rest but this one is still there and is the most annoying. (Ie: after factory rest Facebook messenger now shoes active users again. Was a problem after kit Kat update)

Posted via Android Central App

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I hear of this but mine only does it right after I reboot . When the phone is fully on it never happens

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone else have an issue when they unlock from active display?

Every 5-9 times I'll get a blank black screen for 2-3 seconds before it wakes.

I had other issues that seem to be gone after I did a factory rest but this one is still there and is the most annoying. (Ie: after factory rest Facebook messenger now shoes active users again. Was a problem after kit Kat update)

Do you get the same results with screen unlocking if you try using a PIN or password, instead of the other options?

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Do you get the same results with screen unlocking if you try using a PIN or password, instead of the other options?

I only use the slide unlock. I would have to give it a try and see if it does it to know.

It seems like it only does it after the phone hasn't been used for a while. Like its taking a longer time to wake from a deep sleep.

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I guess this is a known issue. Temp fix is to change security to None. Phone springs to life as normal. Sucks, but until a bug fix come along, it's the best we can do.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I guess this is a known issue. Temp fix is to change security to None. Phone springs to life as normal. Sucks, but until a bug fix come along, it's the best we can do.

I guess I will just have to live with it then. It doesn't always happen. Hopefully there is a fix soon.

jcg5862

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Thought I was seeing things when it first happened. No big deal, will wait for the fix. Still love the X.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Is any one also having an issue where Google voice search comes on out of nowhere?

I don't know what is triggering it but it seems sometimes I'll take the phone put of my pocket and when I turn the screen on its on and sometimes has search results.