Receiving text messages hours later?

ahamick

May 13, 2013
Visit site
In one of my group messages yesterday afternoon between three other people I noticed some of the texts seem to be out of order as people were responding to questions before I received the text with the question.

Thus morning I received a text (14 hours after the last text) from one of the people and I replied. After a bit of confusion he told me he sent the text the day before not this morning when I received it.

Any ideas? This last text was over 14 hours late and others seem to be minutes late. Is it my phone or his? I'm the only one who got the text this morning

Posted via Android Central App

Busted51

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
If your on Verizon its very unlikely its on your end.. I've noticed its not really the cell phone that's the issue, its usually the provider. I used t-mobile in Cincinnati, Ohio back in the day and my texts sometimes sent and received late so I scrapped the provider completely. Verizon was the best in my area, other than one of the local providers which was always spot on "Cincinnati Bell".. I actually had this happen to me yesterday morning with a group text. One of the peoples text was received 12+ hour later but the time stamp on my phone showed the correct sent time.. I'm verifying the now to double check.. I'll repost when they get back to me.