4.4.2 update for droid maxx

apcman

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know/think that the droid maxx will be getting the 4.4.2 update since it seems like there are some bugs that need o be addressed. The moto x has it just not the U.S. ones though?

Posted via Android Central App

Einsteindks

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Not every phone gets every update. I suspect there are also allowances for phones in different countries as well.

fat-fingered and Maxx-ed out.

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know/think that the droid maxx will be getting the 4.4.2 update since it seems like there are some bugs that need o be addressed. The moto x has it just not the U.S. ones though?

Sprint and verizon have been doing a silent rollout.

Sent from my XT1080M (Droid Maxx) using Tapatalk 4 Pro

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
The home button bug has to be fixed. I think we will get it. I think they will get the X and droids up to 4.4.2 and then start working on the rest of the phones promised kitkat updates. My best guess is that we get the update about 2 to 4 weeks after the VZW Moto X gets it.

CharlesH

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
The home button bug has to be fixed. I think we will get it. I think they will get the X and droids up to 4.4.2 and then start working on the rest of the phones promised kitkat updates. My best guess is that we get the update about 2 to 4 weeks after the VZW Moto X gets it.
Just to clarify things for this new Android user, isn't KitKat 4.4.x ? My Maxx has 4.4, which is a KitKat release, right?:confused:

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Just to clarify things for this new Android user, isn't KitKat 4.4.x ? My Maxx has 4.4, which is a KitKat release, right?:confused:

Yes it is. When I said:

I think they will get the X and droids up to 4.4.2 and then start working on the rest of the phones promised kitkat updates. My best guess is that we get the update about 2 to 4 weeks after the VZW Moto X gets it.

... I mean that I think Motorola will continue updating the Motorola X from 4.4 to 4.4.2, then get the Droid Ultra, Droid Maxx and Droid Mini updated from 4.4 to 4.4.2, then they will start working on the promised updates for the older phones to 4.4.2 - the Razr Maxx HD was one 2012 phone that was promised KitKat, for example. I don't remember exactly which older models were promised an update.

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

Define the "home button bug". It may be what I am experiencing, and have posted about elsewhere on this site, so I am interested.

UnkleBidii

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
I hope they roll out the 4.4.2 for Maxx.. I wish they would also increase the headset in call volume!! Not many bugs but I have noticed a few here and there. Or maybe its just the apps arent optimize for KitKat. Honestly, I haven't notice much difference since the update. 😔😔

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Define the "home button bug". It may be what I am experiencing, and have posted about elsewhere on this site, so I am interested.

When you press the home button, the phone responds as if you pressed it twice. If you are in the stock launcher, slide to one of the other home screens besides the default home screen, and then launch an app, when you press home, it should bring you back to the last home screen you were looking at. A second press of home, while in the launcher, should bring you back to the default, center home screen. What happens with the Maxx with the 4.4 update is that the phone sees the press of home and brings you back to the launcher, then immediately back to the default home screen. When you are in an alternate launcher that defines a specific action for a home double tap, it does that specific action. The Maxx did not do this prior to the 4.4 update - this is clearly a bug.

bkircher

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I have that bug sometimes, not that big of a deal though. Would be nice to have it fixed, if we do indeed get 4.4.2.

silverback

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I would take this "bug" as a "fix" to a previously annoying behavior. When I go home, I don't care to walk in the neighbor's house.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I would take this "bug" as a "fix" to a previously annoying behavior. When I go home, I don't care to walk in the neighbor's house.

That could have been fixed in the launcher app if they really wanted that behavior (which is not a standard, stock Android behavior anyway.) In an alternative launcher like Aviate, which uses the home button to toggle between screens, pressing home on the Maxx causes it to toggle on then back again right away. This doesn't happen on the Moto X. This is clearly a bug. Home is supposed to bring you back to the launcher, not to the launcher and then to the default home screen.

hub1

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Same here, when I press the home button I expect to go to my Home screeen, but if I want to go back to a diffrent screen that I opened an app from I always use the back button. It takes me back to that screen every time.

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
When you press the home button, the phone responds as if you pressed it twice. If you are in the stock launcher, slide to one of the other home screens besides the default home screen, and then launch an app, when you press home, it should bring you back to the last home screen you were looking at. A second press of home, while in the launcher, should bring you back to the default, center home screen. What happens with the Maxx with the 4.4 update is that the phone sees the press of home and brings you back to the launcher, then immediately back to the default home screen. When you are in an alternate launcher that defines a specific action for a home double tap, it does that specific action. The Maxx did not do this prior to the 4.4 update - this is clearly a bug.

Yep. It's what I deal with too. Thanks for confirming. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87