Camera app

datagrrl

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
Okay,

I have seriously had it with this camera. I see that is fine for some, but I have always used my phone line a point and shoot, and I am not getting what I need.

Can someone recommend a better camera app? I am will to spend a little money.

My biggest issue seems to be low light and subjects that can move.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Okay,

I have seriously had it with this camera. I see that is fine for some, but I have always used my phone line a point and shoot, and I am not getting what I need.

Can someone recommend a better camera app? I am will to spend a little money.

My biggest issue seems to be low light and subjects that can move.

As to low light problems, will the stock app allow you to bump up the exposure?

As to subjects that are moving, here's what a Verizon sales rep told me yesterday (I kid you not): "Lead your shot. Put the camera on where you anticipate the subject to be AFTER you activate the shutter."

Have you tried the Google camera app? It's free and it's most like the stock app.

I found that Camera FV-5 was the best of the camera apps I tried (along with Zoom FX, Camera 360). It's made for photographers as it's got every imaginable adjustment, but I'm sure it's got an auto mode. There is a free and a paid version. I think the limitation of the free app is that you can only take 640X480 size photos. But you could use the free app to see if it will meet your needs, then buy the paid one if you like the free one.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
The third party apps wont make a big difference. The shutter is still painfully slow.

Wait until L comes if you can. Otherwise you'll probably need to go to samsung or apple for a decent camera.

datagrrl

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
I have used there drag to focus. The shutter just isn't closing and I don't know why.

I have six pictures that look like this. The cat wasn't moving that much.

Attachments

• 1415585794478.jpg
    1415585794478.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 39

BlueBlazer60

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Correct - this camera not even close to a low end point and shoot. With this camera, my guess is you will never get acceptable point and shot results of action shoots. You might get better - not great - but better results if you use an app with with manual controls. I have not used any of them so I am not sure what gains you might see but modifying shutter speed and ISO values can help in capturing moving subject.

Edit: For some reason there seems to be a processing setup delay between the actual physical trigger of the shutter and the actual trigger of the shutter. It is short enough that only motion shots are impacted. It is not anything you are doing or not doing. It is just part of the camera operation. Hopefully it can be tuned with a software fix or as part of the Lollipop world.

Last edited:

Xelios

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
The google camera app is much quicker for me. I'm not getting too much blur with it, but it still happens. Give that one a shot.

udazavlanje

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
You can't fix that problem with any app.
If you want them clear while object is moving , buy G3.
Motorola just can't do camera's right. Maybe next year when Lenovo steps in :)

Posted via the Android Central App
on VZW Moto X DE/N7

wolf_walker

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
It's the low light bit far as I can tell. I took clear photo's of car's passing the vehicle I was in, both running 45mph, but it
was bright and clear out. I'd really like to see some raw image from this thing, it takes good enough pics when well lit
that the low light shouldn't be quiiitteee so bad. The shutter lag is some sort of processing and it's inconsistent.

At the moment it kinda is what it is though. Honestly taking pics of the dogs moving around with the turbo in one hand and my GS4 in the other,
the GS4 isn't that much better, especially not consistently. Not a candle held to a $50 PnS imo.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
YOu'd think that for all of the high end specs they put in the phone they could have gotten a camera that doesn't suck. Especially when they kow that eveyone thinks they have a crappy camera. I also have low light and shutter speed issues. Can Lollipop really improve it that much?

Bamzilla

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I went and watched a cross country race and got some great pictures of people moving fast. If you hold down on the screen you can do burst shots for quite awhile and some of those will turn out great. Sometimes all 15 shots would. I didn't realize you could even do that until the other day.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I have used there drag to focus. The shutter just isn't closing and I don't know why.

I have six pictures that look like this. The cat wasn't moving that much.
Try holding your finger down to trigger the burst function. Pictures 2-20 happen a lot faster than picture 1 and are usually more in focus.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty