Question about an OS update.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
This is my first Droid and I have a question regarding the upcoming froyo update. How are ota updates handled on android? Does it just happen with no input from the user, or do you have an oportunity to say no and then get it later, at a time that the user chooses? I'm asking because I would like to way a few days and see how its running for everyone.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
It will popup at some point regardless of what you do. You will have the choice of ignoring it but only for 12 hours I believe. If you do not decide within 2 minutes of the popup it will automatically download the update. It will then ask to apply it. If you decline it will come back I believe within a very short period of time.

Basically you can prolong it but its not easy to do. And you will update eventually.

By the way, why on earth wouldn't you want Froyo? It's going to be amazing.

sleeping giant

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
It will popup at some point regardless of what you do. You will have the choice of ignoring it but only for 12 hours I believe. If you do not decide within 2 minutes of the popup it will automatically download the update. It will then ask to apply it. If you decline it will come back I believe within a very short period of time.

Basically you can prolong it but its not easy to do. And you will update eventually.

By the way, why on earth wouldn't you want Froyo? It's going to be amazing.

probably a former BB owner like myself where each os update would be a hit or miss.. updating an existing problem and/or creating a new one

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I am a former bb user and I do expect froyo to be great, but that doesn't mean that it wont have some initial bug issues. Im probably just having some old bb flashbacks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non