Shutter Sound?

Dirty Ders

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to turn of the shutter sound for the stock camera app?

If not, then can anyone point me in the direction for a market app, preferably one that is free.

SlvrTrd

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
Oddly enough the shutter sound is linked to the phone ringer so if you turn the ringer volume down the shutter sound goes down too.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
In addition to silencing the ringer, you may also need to go into your alrm clock app and turn off the feature for the alarm to work while in silent mode.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
If you don't hear the shutter sound (maybe quieter), it's hard to know when the X actually takes the photo. I like having the sound, unless it's a situation where any sounds are distracting (ex: wedding vows).

Spectre

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I found that turning the System Volume down affected my shutter sound. I'm using the Audiomanager widget for sound control.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Theres only a few reason why someone would want to do this that the person they are taking it of is unaware.. a few are they want to be shady.. or predatorial.. or pedophiling..

in most instances, it's not for the good of the person being shot..

What was the reason again for not wanting a shutter sound again? I forgot..

EDIT. PS. there's a reason why the FCC mandated that you can't disable it.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

I don't think there is an FCC rule about not having a shutter sound on camera phones. My Epic 4G has FCC clearance and it has a "shutter sound = off" option.

It seems to be more of a manufacturer choice/safety courtesy, like the language on cable television (not FCC regulated, but kept relatively clean on many channels anyway).

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
This is ridiculous. We don't need more government taking care of everyone. Be careful of what you support. A few years from now, you might find that it's illegal to have a swimming pool because their a leading cause of childhood death, or find that you can no longer buy red meat because there are too many fat people draining the governmental health budget. Sounds crazy, huh?

I like to turn my shutter sound off sometimes so I can capture a few candid shots of one of my kids. If they heard the shutter, they'd stop doing whatever was cute.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Imagine replacing yourself with a known sex offender who also likes to turn off the shutter sound and take pictures of your kids doing cute things..

if that happens, you'll change your tune.

No one likes giving up some freedoms until it DIRECTLY affects them.

How many people don't care for the Adam Walsh fund? ehh.. I dont..I dont have any kids. 10 years from now I could have a kid that gets abducted and then I go into super crazy mode about how we should put more money into it.

What about Christopher Reeves.. he didn't care for stem cell research..yet AFTER his accident, he became a huge advocate for it.

When bad things happen, people's minds change.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
The problem is that the bad things happen to an infinitesimally small number of people. Sure if you're one of those few, you support the issue, but does that mean that all of us should have to have useful things denied because of this?

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
The FCC, FDA, FTC and other Federal bureau's sole job is to protect Americans from ourselves and corporations.

I am somewhat gratified for their rolls. I support net neutrality, I support E911 and I also support not shutting off the camera sound but that's just my opinion.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Not paranoid at all.. Do you like companies being able to tell you what traffic goes through your home internet? Do you like it that Verizon would put their website on high priority and torrents on low priority? or youtube videos on low priority? Keeping the net neutral is at the heart of net neutrality. I support NN.

E911? So if you get kidnapped and call 911, you don't want the police to be able to track your location in that situation?

and I've already said my spiel on shutter sounds.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Not paranoid at all.. Do you like companies being able to tell you what traffic goes through your home internet? Do you like it that Verizon would put their website on high priority and torrents on low priority? or youtube videos on low priority? Keeping the net neutral is at the heart of net neutrality. I support NN.

E911? So if you get kidnapped and call 911, you don't want the police to be able to track your location in that situation?

and I've already said my spiel on shutter sounds.

Let me guess...you think Obama is doing a great job.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Theres only a few reason why someone would want to do this that the person they are taking it of is unaware.. a few are they want to be shady.. or predatorial.. or pedophiling..

in most instances, it's not for the good of the person being shot..

What was the reason again for not wanting a shutter sound again? I forgot..

Hey you. Maybe I don't want the shutter sound to go off when I'm taking a picture of a panel in a quiet boardroom. Maybe I don't want the shutter sound to go off at someone's wedding. Maybe I don't want the shutter sound to go off while I'm at a friend's play and they're performing a monologue. Maybe I don't want the shutter sound to go off when...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch