Constant locks ups and having to reboot

melissasroja

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone. Im sure there is a thread somewhere but I cant seem to find one and Im havnig a serious issue with my Droid X. For the past maybe week or two Im having constant lock up issues. It will freeze so bad and take 10 mins or more to unfreeze. I cant make calls or move the screen or anything. I havent installed any new programs and Ive removed my live wallpaper. Most of the time it unlocks but then the phone is so slow I have to shut down and restart it only to have it happen again within a few hours or less. Its really become a problem. Does anyone know how to fix this or what I should do? Thanks.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone. Im sure there is a thread somewhere but I cant seem to find one and Im havnig a serious issue with my Droid X. For the past maybe week or two Im having constant lock up issues. It will freeze so bad and take 10 mins or more to unfreeze. I cant make calls or move the screen or anything. I havent installed any new programs and Ive removed my live wallpaper. Most of the time it unlocks but then the phone is so slow I have to shut down and restart it only to have it happen again within a few hours or less. Its really become a problem. Does anyone know how to fix this or what I should do? Thanks.

I would also assess the applications you are running. Alot of freezing up is due to poor or conflicting coding. Also if you have any type of task killer installed that would be the first thing I would remove. ...so uninstall any apps that are not needed

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
You should also clear out your browsers history and cache and any old messages that you don't need anymore. You can do it manually or try an app like history eraser.

It could be just one bad app slowing down the phone. Do you remember doing or installing anything before it started freezing?

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I posted this on another forum, but it may apply to your rebooting/freezing problem, you might want to test if it's your sd card before doing the Factory Data Reset:

A bad file/filesystem on your sd card can also cause a boatload of problems on a device, certainly everything the OP has described.

If you have a spare sd card, put it in your phone and the problems should go away if something on your original card was not right. If you don't have a spare, take the sd card out of the phone and test it without the memory card.

If it is the card causing the problems, transfer the contents of your card to your PC and reformat the card in the phone. Then move only essential files and folders back to the card and test for a while. Repeat in small batches until you have found the bad file or all of the files/folders that you want are back on the card. If you don't find a bad file, don't worry, it was probably something wrong with the filesystem (FAT, File Allocation Table) that was causing your device's problems, the formatting of the card would fix that.

Do you remember doing something file related at the start of that 2 week period, like downloading some picture files, or videos, etc? Are you also having problems displaying pics in the Gallery app?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget989