The $64,000 question-Who's rooting before Froyo?

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Me too probably. I'd like to remove some of this bloat-ware, but it's not really going to kill me over the next 3-5 weeks.

lemcoe9

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm probably going to wait as well. I don't really see that many absolutely compelling reasons to.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Mudvayne622

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Im waiting until a couple weeks after Froyo because im sure about a week after we get Froyo, some problems will be found requiring an OTA update. These instructions for rooting wont apply once Froyo comes out right?

Last edited:

rinnr1

Press ALT-F4 to see nudes
May 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm gonna wait for now I love my Droid X no need to change anything as of yet... I'll root when it's on Froyo.. :D

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm gonna wait for now I love my Droid X no need to change anything as of yet... I'll root when it's on Froyo.. :D

Same same. Being able to customize most things so far and I'm happy. I only want to remove the bloatware, but I can wait till after Froyo.

Leif

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I doubt it. From what I understand, it's embedded pretty deep...possibly even inside the linux kernel itself. Which means that no only can you root all android phones, but other linux based handheld devices (amazon kindle, etc. etc.)

jcarlosfox

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I've rooted, and am leaving the bloatware alone. I'm using the root to use some programs that are not otherwise available. When FROYO comes out, I'll "UN-ROOT", install the update and go from there.

I've hidden the bloatware using LauncherPro. The Droix-X is plenty fast even with the bloatware. After FROYO I'll see what happens, but being able to teather my laptop when needed - maybe twice a year - was just too cool a feature to not take advantage of, but not worth a $120 per use fee ($20 a month).

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I've been rooted and did it with adb. I love the freedom of adding rooted apps. And one step closer to custom rom. First late summer then fall or who knows when it will drop.

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I rooted with EasyRoot cause it was so easy. When the update comes, I'll un-root and remove EasyRoot and then wait for EasyRoot to be updated for DroidX 2.2.