PDF compression issues JPEG2000

gundogg

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Having an issue.
First off. I love my xoom... long time IOS user.
New Android user. I am a contractor and I store my drawings in PDF at box.net. These are drawings sent from other contractors for bid or construction. I had noticed that half the drawings or more had a red X and nothing else. I contacted dataviz since I had the full docs2go. They informed me that android does not support jpeg2000 compression. Which apparently a lot of my drawings are created with. All my regular PDFs are fine. But a lot of my large format drawings are not useable.

Unfortunately this is a huge issue for me. I have 2 Ipads in the office and they can see the drawings just fine. I do not want to go get an IPad. I think this device has a great future. But I need a way to read these large format PDFs. anyone know anything about this issue? or a future fix???

thanks

gundogg

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I have not confirmed it personally. Dataviz asked for a sample image to try and I sent one to them. they told me that the PDF was a jpeg2000. I tried the PDF on an opacity here at work and it worked. Not sure where to go now.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

chemgeek

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have Adobe Reader 10.0.1 installed on my Xoom and it works fine. I think it came over from my Android phone (Droid 2) market apps automatically, and I updated it to 10.0.1 from 10.0.0. The .1 update fixed a crash on rotate issue on the Xoom. It may not show up in the market, but you can get it here.

Cheers.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer