Delayed Email

ecuagatas

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Sorry if this topic is elsewhere. I did not know where to look. Using 5X with Fi for about 3 weeks. My email (comcast and gmail) comes in a day after I receive it on my computer or after friends say they sent it. Is anyone else having this problem? I checked my settings and I have a 15 min. refresh for non-gmail email.:-\

eaccentsac

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Sorry if this topic is elsewhere. I did not know where to look. Using 5X with Fi for about 3 weeks. My email (comcast and gmail) comes in a day after I receive it on my computer or after friends say they sent it. Is anyone else having this problem? I checked my settings and I have a 15 min. refresh for non-gmail email.:-\

My Gmail is almost instantaneous.

ecuagatas

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Yes, and I tried InBox (could not add non-gmail accounts to that app). Email set to refresh 15 minutes in gmail. I will try and stick with gmail as I have all my email addresses set up there (gmail and comcast). I just don't understand why they are so delayed. Gonna send myself email now from my computer to see if it comes in.

eaccentsac

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Yes, and I tried InBox (could not add non-gmail accounts to that app). Email set to refresh 15 minutes in gmail. I will try and stick with gmail as I have all my email addresses set up there (gmail and comcast). I just don't understand why they are so delayed. Gonna send myself email now from my computer to see if it comes in.

Uh, where is the setting to poll for Gmail every 15 min?

Maybe because my Gmail is set up as IMAP, I don't see this setting?

ecuagatas

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
So far only the email to my gmail accounts has arrived. I will wait 15 minutes to see if the next batch I sent to comcast only accounts arrives.

ecuagatas

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Never had this happen on T-mo (been with them 17 years). Doing some testing! Did not close my account just in case Fi service doesn't turn out too well. I hope it does. Phone is fine - the battery life on the 5X is soooo much better than the 5.

Pre-dawn raid

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. My Yahoo mail isn't coming through even though I have it set for every 15 minute polling. Works fine on my nexus 4 with the same settings.

Posted via the Android Central App

atrixfll

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I have found when on WIFI emails are delayed..

At home I have comcast wifi and that was the culprit..

I have my phone not turned on for WIFI and works perfectly.. (timely emails are very important to me)

Josh Burchell

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site

I'm curious if it has something to do with doze. when I read about doze, I remember it talking about a deep sleep for your phone with only calls and text coming thru, but for doze to initialize the phone had to be completely idle (physically via accelerometers). I've noticed this happens to my email on k9 client whenever my phone is completely idle on a desk for a long period of time. I believe you may be able to disable this under optimization settings with in the battery information screen. May be something for you to try.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty