The Droid's natural enemy?

PortareAF

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Been hearing a lot about this Nexus thing. However I can't help but think its release so close to the Droid's makes it a bit of its natural enemy..rather than focusing on the iphone as an enemy. Thoughts?

droidweasel

Nov 14, 2009
www.minnesotavikings.com
the nexus is a hype phone. 3 g doesnt even work. its a fluff phone. just like the iphone. cant compare a mans phone to a kids phone. if we get the same os as a nexus, we arent really an enemy are we?

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Lol , lets be real here , the nexus one is a sick phone , on a ****ty network , same as the iphone , the iphone is a bad ass phone , with a ****ty network , once phones are no longer allowed to be exclusive to one carrier , verizon will rule the world.

navysqrrl

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
From a market share point of view, it could be viewed as competition, but not as an enemy. All it does is spread out the Android vs. Apple market a little more, which would be the goal. Seems like a friendly ally with some rivalry at the most.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Why would you think any other phone is an enemy unless you had stock or were employed buy a network or maker of a phone?

dagostin

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
i'm kinda over the whole this phone vs that phone dealio. I've said this before, but these are just electronic devices. While they bring us great pleasure and are awesome, they really aren't status symbols of any kind, so let the competition live and everyone will benefit in the long run.

PortareAF

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
the nexus is a hype phone. 3 g doesnt even work. its a fluff phone. just like the iphone. cant compare a mans phone to a kids phone. if we get the same os as a nexus, we arent really an enemy are we?

I agree once we get 2.1 then I agree Droid is better than the nexus, but I think that just makes the fight more fair, lol

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
the more android phones they can get into people's hands the better it is for all of us. larger market share means more incentive for developers to create for it.

plus, i change phones so often it's hard (and pointless, but that's another topic all together) for me to be attached to any phone. i really like my droid, but once something thinner, faster and "better" comes out on verizon, i'll probably switch again.

so, i welcome our nexus one toting members with open arms :)

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Really the Droid being better than the nexus one other than the hard keyboard I think the nexus one is better thinner better processor. And don't get me going on tgw fact that were supposed to have the. Better gpu though I can't get anywhere near the 30.4 that the nexus put up. I love the Droid but lets be honest and trying to make the Droid better than it is

YoungChrisG

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Well with VZW getting the Droid I can understand T-Mo (who brought us the first Android) getting a great 2.1 phone, but even Engadget said it wasn't all that superior to the Droid with the Droid getting 2.1 soon. A faster processor doesn't equal a better phone. With that said, I really don't see getting a new phone on Big Red until the new 4G network has expanded enough to warrant manufacturers producing 4G ready Android devices.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Threads such as this are so over rated. Steve Wozniak said it best:

I try mainly to make good comments but I'm honest about flaws too. I don't get into arguments trying to claim that there are objective reasons that make one person's phone better than another's. It's subjective. You can't win such arguments, only have a stressful life doing so.

This can also relate to carriers. Just my 2 cents.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadadmusa45