Why can't I buy any Pokemon balls?

A

AC Question

why can I not buy any pokemon balls.

each time I try to buy 200 pokemon balls it says, Your collection is full. GO TO UPGRADES. I went and bought BAG UPGRADE, didn't help. Bought Pokemon Storage Upgrade and that didn't help.
Why can't I buy more???

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: why can I not buy any pokemon balls.

Maybe your bag is still too full for 200 pokeballs even after the upgrade? The upgrade only adds 50 slots I believe. Try dumping 200 of the items you have a lot of like revive and/or potions and see if that helps.

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site

If you bag is already full, an Bag Upgrade adds 50 slots. If you're trying to buy 200 pokeballs, you'll need to buy a total of 4 bag upgrades to accommodate them.

My advice, start participating in gyms to burn through your healing sprays and revive potions. If gyms aren't your thing and you never participate in them, well then you don't need all those healing sprays and revives, so just get rid of them (or at least a portion of them, cuz obviously you're not using them).

carolynlsp

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site

What you are telling me, is that when it states that I am full, it is including, balls, revive, potions, lucky eggs,incense etc. Everything in the backpack icon?
My boys are outside going everywhere getting balls, but going through them too. I enjoy playing with them some, so the need to buy more balls or use more self-control.
Another question while I am here. What is the Maximum of anything your backpack will hold?

carolynlsp

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site

Thank you for all the valuable information. I appreciate everyone's help!
Can you also tell me why my game will sometimes freeze when I catch a pokemon?

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site

Thank you for all the valuable information. I appreciate everyone's help!
Can you also tell me why my game will sometimes freeze when I catch a pokemon?
Cuz the servers are still overloaded, and it happens to everybody.

carolynlsp

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site

Denver you are very helpful. So do I wait or shut game down and start over?

Can you delete my duplicate message. Have a great day!

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Denver you are very helpful. So do I wait or shut game down and start over?

Can you delete my duplicate message. Have a great day!

Shut it down, waiting does nothing.

And your max count of any item is your bag limit; so if your bag can hold 350 iams, you can hold, for example, 350 balls or 50 potions and 300 balls or 100 potions, 100 revives and 150 balls. Or any other combination that adds up to 350.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jennsparadise12

Nov 30, 2016
Visit site

each time I try to buy 200 pokemon balls it says, Your collection is full. GO TO UPGRADES. I went and bought BAG UPGRADE, didn't help. Bought Pokemon Storage Upgrade and that didn't help.
Why can't I buy more???

I've fine the same thing upgraded BOTH SEVERAL TIMES I TOO CAN'T BUY 200 BALLS can anyone help??? I did buy 100 after several tries.. ughhh

Jennsparadise12

Nov 30, 2016
Visit site

I just saw the replies they didn't show before I posted too.. so everything goes I to back pack what about the other thing u can upgrade?? I'm so new at this

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
You can upgrade 2 things; bag storage which lets you hold 50 extra items. And Pokémon storage, which lets you keep 50 extra Pokémon, but doesn't affect eggs.

wwwoodchuck

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site

What you are telling me, is that when it states that I am full, it is including, balls, revive, potions, lucky eggs,incense etc. Everything in the backpack icon?
My boys are outside going everywhere getting balls, but going through them too. I enjoy playing with them some, so the need to buy more balls or use more self-control.
Another question while I am here. What is the Maximum of anything your backpack will hold?

You can upgrade a number of times. The maximum Pokemon storage is 1,000 and Bag items is 1,000. So you can hold 1,000 items AND 1,000 pokemon.

If you do not battle in gyms, there is no need to save any revives or potions. You can just "discard" them using the little garbage can icon to the right of each item. This will leave all the room for balls and raspberries. If you decide to battle, you can always get more from stops.

I have maxed out both Pokémon storage and Items. If you do battle gyms you will need the space for revives/potions AND pokeballs/raspberries. The Pokémon storage you really do not need to max out. I did because I have a lot of big critters so do not have to revive them between battles. I have plenty to battle with as they faint. This leaves me more storage room for balls. I can revive them as I hit stops to get more balls. This way I do not have to discard the revives/potions, I can use them to fix all my wounded critters as I get them.

Did that make sense?

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site

Make sure you don't have like 80 revives. Even if you regularly battle in gyms you shouldn't need to carry more than 25 since they're pretty abundant at Pokestops. And when healing, always use regular potions first since you will need to use multiple to heal, thus freeing up bag space.

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site

Make sure you don't have like 80 revives. Even if you regularly battle in gyms you shouldn't need to carry more than 25 since they're pretty abundant at Pokestops. And when healing, always use regular potions first since you will need to use multiple to heal, thus freeing up bag space.
Revives don't seem to be as abundant now. I am currently sitting with 6 pokemon needing to be revived and rarely see any revives at pokestops now.

wwwoodchuck

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
What you get from stops can vary. It always seems that when I really want balls I get potions/revives and when I need potions/revives I get nothing but balls.

Also, plan mass evolves just before a gym run, to get yourself in multiple gyms. When you evolve anything and do not get the moveset you wanted, save them and send them into battle before transferring them to the Professor. Mass evolves of Raticates? You have a disposible army to send in! That way no potions or revives are required. You already allocated the slots to save them for the mass evolve, might as well use them wisely rather than transferring them in full health.

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
What you get from stops can vary. It always seems that when I really want balls I get potions/revives and when I need potions/revives I get nothing but balls.

Also, plan mass evolves just before a gym run, to get yourself in multiple gyms. When you evolve anything and do not get the moveset you wanted, save them and send them into battle before transferring them to the Professor. Mass evolves of Raticates? You have a disposible army to send in! That way no potions or revives are required. You already allocated the slots to save them for the mass evolve, might as well use them wisely rather than transferring them in full health.
So I can still transfer them even though they are at zero BP? That's an amazing tip! Never thought of using "disposable" pokemon. LOL. Thanks for the tip!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95