Should I trade my iPhone 5 for the Galaxy Note 2?

Kookas

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Put a screen protector on it right away, Samsung skimped on the glass it?s very prone to scratches... Corning must be demanding a hefty premium that Samsung no longer feels obligated to pay since they have gained significant market power. It doesn't have gorilla glass... :banghead:

Sent From My Note 2 Via Tapatalk

Huh? Significant market power might mean they get the same glass cheaper, it wouldn't mean they suddenly stop using the glass altogether.

via Tapatalk

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Congrats! I too switched from Apple to the S3 but now the note 2 is catching g my eye. But I think I'll wait until the s4 with the new 5" screen like on the Oppo First 5, that phone is gorgeous!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

IdRatherDrum

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Gorilla glass or not my glass scuffed within the first couple days. If I could do it again I would have bought a protector before the phone. Not antiglare of course

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

Where is the best place to get a screen protector for it? Also I am having a lot of trouble finding a somewhat decent case.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Where is the best place to get a screen protector for it? Also I am having a lot of trouble finding a somewhat decent case.

Seido cases are nice check out the Android Central Store. Screen protector. I have ultra crystal by spigen they v have a website. Or they simple verizon ones work fine. Just don't get anti glare they ruin the screen experience.

IdRatherDrum

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Seido cases are nice check out the Android Central Store. Screen protector. I have ultra crystal by spigen they v have a website. Or they simple verizon ones work fine. Just don't get anti glare they ruin the screen experience.

I think I am going to try the ultra crystal one. The problem is the case, can't decide haha.

typinghairyape

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Huh? Significant market power might mean they get the same glass cheaper, it wouldn't mean they suddenly stop using the glass altogether.

via Tapatalk

Well Samsung certainly has market power in the phablet segment of the market (which they were the first make a successful product in), so I was thinking they might have been cutting corners in terms of glass.

I guess it does have gorilla glass 2, but 2.0 blows chunks!! I would rather have the thicker nearly scratch proof ver 1 since I have the feeling that a plastic screen protector would more negatively impact image quality than a few millimeters of glass...

Net loss

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Well Samsung certainly has market power in the phablet segment of the market (which they were the first make a successful product in), so I was thinking they might have been cutting corners in terms of glass.

I guess it does have gorilla glass 2, but 2.0 blows chunks!! I would rather have the thicker nearly scratch proof ver 1 since I have the feeling that a plastic screen protector would more negatively impact image quality than a few millimeters of glass...

Net loss

Odd, but both my wife's and my S3 have had no problems with the screens. In fact I love the glass compared to every itineration of iPhones we've had.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I have the iphone 5 and its a food basic smartphone but man is it Boeing lol, seriously words can't express the boredom having a non jail broken iphone gives. No widgets, small screen but everything works very smooth coming from my evo design lol. I wanted the htc evo but I bought the iPhone 5 to sell but then I have sprint so lol.

IdRatherDrum

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I have the iphone 5 and its a food basic smartphone but man is it Boeing lol, seriously words can't express the boredom having a non jail broken iphone gives. No widgets, small screen but everything works very smooth coming from my evo design lol. I wanted the htc evo but I bought the iPhone 5 to sell but then I have sprint so lol.
Get the Note 2, I made the switch and there is no looking back!

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
It really is amazing. I am blown away every day by how nice it is. Sure it's big and I won't ever be able to use a holster again, but I love it. I haven't even use the spen that much yet.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Jussumguy88

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys. I know there is another thread very similar to this one but I have different questions. So I have been interested in the Note 2 for about a month now and am considering switching to it from my iPhone 5. My sister and I were talking and she said I could use her upgrade to get it from AT&T if I gave her my phone. Plus we are going to sell her phone so I will only have to fork over like $100. The question is...is it worth it? I have never used an Android device but I am interested. iOS is kind of boring right now and the only thing keeping me here is iMessaging, the App Store, and the "fluidness" of the OS. Other than that, the "shelves" are just boring me. The thing I am most worried about is that I am on a Mac and am not sure how hard it is to put iTunes music on it, contacts, and any other things I may want. So what do you guys think I should do?

I own a mac book.. Download Google Music manager onto your computer and never worry about music again. Store up to 20k worth of music without ever having to put any of it onto your phone. Such an amazing creation and i'm not sure why more people don't take advantage of it. But more on topic, I've never had an iPhone, but I can tell you that I did have an iPad. Needless to say... The iPad now belongs to my girlfriend and I spend many hours of my day using the note 2. Ironically enough.... Just got my girl the s3 and her iPad is beginning to collect dust. Lol. If you haven't already make the switch and enjoy yourself my friend.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

wyndslash

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I own a mac book.. Download Google Music manager onto your computer and never worry about music again. Store up to 20k worth of music without ever having to put any of it onto your phone. Such an amazing creation and i'm not sure why more people don't take advantage of it. But more on topic, I've never had an iPhone, but I can tell you that I did have an iPad. Needless to say... The iPad now belongs to my girlfriend and I spend many hours of my day using the note 2. Ironically enough.... Just got my girl the s3 and her iPad is beginning to collect dust. Lol. If you haven't already make the switch and enjoy yourself my friend.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Google Music isn't available in my country:mad:

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87