Issues activating Note 3 at bestbuy

Droid Gator

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I tried to transfer my contacts using the website provided in the Activation Guide (i'm transitioning from an iPhone) and the Note 3 isn't even an option for the new device.

rockrchic923

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I went to BB yesterday at 10am to get my Pre-Ordered GN3 and had the same issue. I left without a phone. I then went to Verizon corporate store thinking it was a BB issue, but nope after 3 hours at the verizon store, they could no longer convince me the issue wasn't on their side. Sadly, I left without a phone, went home, had lunch, got a call from BB saying their activations were up and running at 3:30pm and I went back to BB. I left Best Buy after hours of watching others get their GN3's activated (bc it was working) at 10:30 at night with an un-activated White GN3 (even though I pre-ordered the black), but they did give me a brand new 64GB Samsung U1 class10 sd card for my phone at no charge valued at $99.99 =) They don't know why it won't activate on my account, but Big Red says it is activated on my account...I went through 5 GN3's, and I think 13 different sim cards, and still not activated. Big Red told BB to stop wasting phones on me...lol

My phone will eventually activate...I hope...until then, I still have my GN2 =)

Edit: they did confirm that the sim cards that come with the phone do not work. YOu have to get a new sim card.

Thankfully I didn't have that bad of a problem. If you came from the note 2 did you try using that sim card? That's what I had to do when the card that came with the phone didn't work. It took Verizon almost 3 hours to get everything set up, but they were all super nice on the phone and later in the store.

Hopefully everything works out in the end for your phone, cause this thing is amazing. I haven't put it down since I took it out of the yesterday.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Dronak

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
FWIW, I had a similar problem last week when I went to get my Note 3 on Sprint. Sprint's servers were down or something, so the Best Buy folks couldn't activate it, so I couldn't buy it. I came back the next afternoon (they held the phone for me) and everything was fine. I'm not sure if Verizon's problems are the same, but it could just be a wait-it-out thing, in which case you may want to see if the store will hold the device for you until the problems are resolved.

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I went to BB yesterday at 10am to get my Pre-Ordered GN3 and had the same issue. I left without a phone. I then went to Verizon corporate store thinking it was a BB issue, but nope after 3 hours at the verizon store, they could no longer convince me the issue wasn't on their side. Sadly, I left without a phone, went home, had lunch, got a call from BB saying their activations were up and running at 3:30pm and I went back to BB. I left Best Buy after hours of watching others get their GN3's activated (bc it was working) at 10:30 at night with an un-activated White GN3 (even though I pre-ordered the black), but they did give me a brand new 64GB Samsung U1 class10 sd card for my phone at no charge valued at $99.99 =) They don't know why it won't activate on my account, but Big Red says it is activated on my account...I went through 5 GN3's, and I think 13 different sim cards, and still not activated. Big Red told BB to stop wasting phones on me...lol

My phone will eventually activate...I hope...until then, I still have my GN2 =)

Edit: they did confirm that the sim cards that come with the phone do not work. YOu have to get a new sim card.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if during the manufacturing process, they packaged the wrong SIM card with the wrong carrier. Oh and thanks for building up Verizon's stockpile of "refurbs" :p

thatnerdguy

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
I had this issue as well. I logged into my VZW account and started the activation there. After that my phone activated within 5 minutes.

Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87