Screen coming on during wireless charging

mgftp

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I recently have started using wireless charging and love it except for one thing, at night the screen of my phone will suddenly turn on and wake me up. I couldn't say for sure because I am always half asleep but I think it's happening when the phone hits 100% charge, perhaps this happens when it's plugged in as well but have always had my phone face down when plugged so I wouldn't know.

Either way, there has to be a way to prevent this? Wireless charging calls for the phone to be face up, surely most people charge when they sleep - having the screen come on is crazy.

Thanks

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Xposed has a "DisableBatteryFullAlert" module, but th phone has to be rooted for Xposed. I don't know any other way to turn off the "battery fully charged" notification - it used to drive me crazy.

mgftp

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Xposed has a "DisableBatteryFullAlert" module, but th phone has to be rooted for Xposed. I don't know any other way to turn off the "battery fully charged" notification - it used to drive me crazy.

I am not looking to root the phone. I can't believe Samsung didn't realize this was an issue, or haven't now fixed it with an update as the wireless charging is useless unless you plan to do you main charge during the day. Oh well, guess it's back to wired if I want to charge overnight.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Even with wired charging you should get the "remove charger" popup on the screen when the battery is fully charged.

mgftp

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Even with wired charging you should get the "remove charger" popup on the screen when the battery is fully charged.

correct, but I can keep the phone face down... with wireless chargjng the phone must be face up, acting like a spotlight

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty