Regular maintenance suggestions?

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
What do you, guys, do to maximize the available RAM and space? My phone is eight months old, but lately, virtually every day, Clean Master app reports that too much RAM is being used and too many junk files exist. I've been running Clean Master when suggested and taken to restart the phone every night. Still, it seems that none of that is enough. Any suggestions?

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Re: Regular maintenance

Don't worry about the RAM being used up. Android purposely has much of used up and calls upon it when needed. My advice is to you is to delete any true junk files and then get rid of clean master. It will ALWAYS tell you that too much RAM is being used, unless you clear out the memory, which will momentarily make the message go away.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

Anybody uses some kind of anti-virus app running in the background? Any thoughts on usefulness vs drain?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Used to. Don't really have a problem with virus anymore. But AVG and Lookout were both pretty good for displaying what may pummel you with ads.

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

I've got Avast and Malwarebytes installed, and they run from time to time (once a day, I think) which I'm not sure is necessary. BTW, Malwarebytes on my PC has saved me more than once when a virus disables your anti-virus program, but somehow it's immune to that and still runs.