Samsung Galaxy Note 4 camera issues

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
I am having problems getting my camera to focus when I'm trying to take pictures. It either takes forever or doesn't focus at all. If I reset the camera settings it usually fixes the problem. I shouldn't have to do that every time I try to take a pic though. And ideas???

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: camera issues

Press the spot on the display that you want the camera to focus on. It should focus in a fraction of a second. If you have things running from 2 feet to 50 feet, the camera has to decide what to focus on first, and that can take time. (Any camera setting gives you a fixed focal range - a lens can't focus on everything at all distances at the same time. [It's just not optically possible with lenses.])

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

I am having problems getting my camera to focus when I'm trying to take pictures. It either takes forever or doesn't focus at all. If I reset the camera settings it usually fixes the problem. I shouldn't have to do that every time I try to take a pic though. And ideas???

I was having this issue on my brand new Note 4 as well (as are many others). I found that a quick shake caused the camera to focus (but always shaking the phone might not be a good thing, eh?) I ended up taking it back and the replacement, thankfully, does not have the issue.

from the IV✒

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site

I was having this issue on my brand new Note 4 as well (as are many others). I found that a quick shake caused the camera to focus (but always shaking the phone might not be a good thing, eh?) I ended up taking it back and the replacement, thankfully, does not have the issue.

from the IV✒
Hearing more and more about this. Replaced one of mine. It was a defective camera.

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 4

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site

Guess I'm going to be taking mine back. Nothing works with mine except resetting the camera settings

adock22096

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site

The weird thing with mine is that it doesn't do it all the time. It only happens if the camera is closed for a long time. I'm going to give it a week or so because other than that the phone is perfect.

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site

Lot of people say it won't effect the image or focus but...

Have you removed the factory production plastic from the camera window? My phone would not focus and the image looked bad until I looked closely at the little window and removing the little plastic film.

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site

Mine is doing the same thing. It works great when I get it to focus. But when I open my camera after awhile it's all fuzzy again and sometimes doesn't focus at all

trevira

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
I have problem with camera too. Front camera.
Actually when after taking photo i can see it on the screen, everything which is in a right down corner is elongated for example my face doesnt look natural.

adock22096

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site

I tried to take mine to the at&t store but they wouldn't do anything. They referred me to their service center, and the last time I dealt with their service center it took multiple trips to get the device replaced and since it took so long they would only replace it with a refurbished phone which had more problems than the original.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty