For those abandoning Note 7-Why automatically iPhone?

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Just switched back to my iPhone 7 Plus after about 3 weeks on the Pixel XL. Why the Pixel is smooth and has a great camera, I think im just going to sell it and stick for only the iPhone for now. Apple really made a great phone and iOS 10 is great as well. The pixel is just pretty ugly, that speaker is complete junk and im not just talking about the placement. No water resistance and honestly, the battery life is not all that, my max time was 5 hour on screen time but most of the time I would get 4. I run facebook, instagram, facebook messenger and no I will not get rid of things that makes a smartphone.

All in all, the iPhone is the next best after the Note 7 this year.
In your opinion just like the Note 5 is the next best for me and when the Note 5 gets Nougat, it will be as close to the Note 7 as possible.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I happily use my 3 Android phones and like what they have to offer and I can understand why some might think iOS is boring. I always chuckle at that though. Is a computer's OS supposed to entertain me? Its apps, yes, but its OS features? I guess there are arguments on both sides but iPhones typically work well and even my lowly iPhone SE has amazing battery life compared to my V20s (and they're considered pretty good by Android standards). I love the huge screens and not-huge bezels on my V20s but the 6s Plus/7 Plus are great devices. They're fast, fluid and the apps tend to be just a hair better on iOS (in my experience). Yeah, there's no endless customization to entertain me if I'm bored, like in Android, but what the iPhone does it typically does very well and with great battery life.

dohlo

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I didn't immediately jump to an iPhone, I opted for a V20 first. Still have it, but since I cracked the camera glass and decided it was time to dump the N7 I picked up a 128gb jet black 7 plus last weekend and have been using it since. There's several things I wish it had that my V20/Android has, but overall it's a huge improvement over older versions of iOS. Waiting on a jailbreak, which could be a longggg ways out (7 took months, 8 was broke within Weeks, 10 is proving to be difficult) but overall its not a bad device at all. Battery life is insane, by far beats my N7 and my V20. Charge time sucks, but I have outlets throughout my house with USB charge ports and I think they run 4v and charge even my tablets super quick so I mostly use that if in a hurry.

I probably wouldn't have got the 7 if I hadn't broke the glass on my V20 already, but having the camera handicapped is a nuisance so I figured I'd try it out.

It has a few things going for it. Stereo sound although isn't the greatest, it's nice I guess. Ip68 rating over the V20 is nice, battery life, a good camera, etc. At first it was "eh", but I'm growing used to it. Each OS is always going to have its pros and cons. I bet it Apple ever put iOS on a third party device with a more open source platform (I know, I know, far fetched for sure) you'd see a lot of Android people on it.

It seems like a lot of diehard Android enthusiasts have actually given the 7 plus a shot as their first iOS device and have even given it a good review. For what it is, it works, and that's what grabs people's attention

alt075

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I am not loyal to one platform at all. I use what I like. I had the note 7. Then I had the edge. Don't like because I'm finding I really don't like the curved screen. And it seems everyone is starting to go to that. :( Tried the v20. But I have bad luck with phones in general and really just did not want to deal with the chance of camera lense breaking. I felt like I had to baby the phone. That is me though. So now I have the iphone 7 plus. Let me say I am in love with this phone. :) So for now that is what I'm on.

I'm not worried about the apps as if I go back to android my apps I bought will be there for me still. :) I love both platforms. I still come here because I love reading about all the different phones. :)

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I just don't get this. All the talk about a mess of angry, dissatisfied Note 7 customers defecting to iPhone.

How does dissatisfaction with one Android phone mean an automatic defection to iPhone?-A completely different eco system. Wouldn't the vast majority of Note 7 users look to another Android flagship?

Haven't most people who can afford a Note 7 invested in apps on Google Play? Apps that you buy that is not carried over to ios. My Sygic navigation app cost me $50 AU and I lose that if I go to ios.

I just can't see the logic of all this. I can understand a mass defection from the Note 7 to either the S7 or other Androids, but I just can't see the reason why you would switch completely different eco systems and operating platforms.

Not everyone buys apps

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Why not? The world doesn't work in black and white. There are many shades of gray. iOS 10 is a huge improvement over previous iterations of iOS. I traded my Note7 for an iPhone 7 Plus (instead of a V20, Pixel XL, etc.) because the hardware features were almost as good as the hardware on the Note7. The iPhone 7 Plus has great water resistance (IP67!), two cameras like the V20, stereo sound, and iOS 10 allows widgets. The only thing I miss about Android is the customization, especially using Zedge to customize my notification sounds, but that's all I miss. Everything else on the iPhone 7 Plus is better than the latest offerings from Android. The Pixel/Pixel XL has LTE and Bluetooth connectivity issues, it doesn't offer water resistance, it's got a boring and bland design, and there's no wireless charging. That's why I didn't get a Pixel XL over my iPhone 7 Plus.

But the IPhone doesn't have wireless charging either

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
But the IPhone doesn't have wireless charging either

That is true, but I believe what he is saying, which is what I believe is well, is that if it's not going to have those features and is going to be like an iPhone I prefer just to have an iPhone. I don't want an android phone that is trying to be an iPhone.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
That is true, but I believe what he is saying, which is what I believe is well, is that if it's not going to have those features and is going to be like an iPhone I prefer just to have an iPhone. I don't want an android phone that is trying to be an iPhone.
Somehow it still seems mutually exclusive to me