Internet Is Not Working...

MAGiK9

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I can receive calls and texts.. But any app that requires data is not loading.. Web pages at the same way. My use data packets is checked...

MAGiK9

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I just got off the phone with att.. The sales rep at the store changed my sim card to a 4G sim card.. But they have to add the LTE feature to your plan. Thank God.. I was becoming so frustrated.

GravityDroid

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Not able to receive calls right now, it takes the girlfriend straight to voicemail. Anyone know why this may be?

Edit: Turning the phone off (it hasn't been turned off since I bought it, the rep gave it to me turned on after purchase) and then back on seems to have fixed the problem!

jhova8301

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Please look at the HTC VIVID forum for a post called Inconsistent Data. There is a huge problem it seems with the Skyrocket and VIVID not have reliable internet connections.

I Monarch

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I was able to plug in the APNs manually and use the new access point.

Name: Cingular
APN: wap.cingular
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS proxy: wireless.cingular.com
MMS port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
Auth type: none
APN type: Internet+MMS
All other fields blank

Name: AT&T HSPA+
APN: phone
APN type: internet
All other fields blank

Reactions: urge311

flamacue

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't surprise me to hear this. I looked at the skyrocket at the store last night and at first it was horribly slow accessing the net. Rebooted the phone and it worked great after. Glad I see that it wasn't just the display phone I was looking at and that I didn't buy it last night.

shansmi

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
There is no mass problem. I have 2 and both are working fine. It is either prov or user error. You can use the old APNs but you will not get LTE on them. There may be issues in a market but there is not a mass issue. If you do not get a LTE capable SIM, you will not get LTE either. Back to what I said - a prov issue or user error. User error most of the time will be not calling in or visiting a store to get the LTE required PROV corrected.

Last edited:

simeonfishman

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issue as others with internet connectivity. I'm in NYC (no LTE yet) and the HPSA+ goes in fits and starts on the Skyrocket. Sometimes it looks like it can't pull anything at all and then sometimes downloads fast. I have just "upgraded" from the original Galaxy S2 which was very fast on HSPA+. I just wanted to get clarity if this is a general Skyrocket problem just for HSPA+ or just for a few people (in which case I'll just exchange the phone). From shansmi's post I wasn't clear if that was with LTE or HSPA+. BTW I am on a grandfathered unlimited plan.

Thanks all!!

joeynym

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I think I am having same issue. I am on long island. When I swapped the galaxy s2 to the skyrocket I believe they used the s2 sim card. No Lte in NY

sas1979

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I had trouble too... had to restart it, which took 30 seconds and it works fine now. Don't know how to fix it without restarting.

joeynym

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
there were certain website, like this one, slickdeals, and a couple of other sites that just would not load, I did hard reset back to factory same thing, had problems over the weekend connecting to yahoo fantasy football app... so i went to att store to try some other 3g android phones, well the other phones loaded the pages up in heartbeat, no delays... I did not have same problem when wifi on.... also I noticed the weather app when loading current location thru gps, that kept getting errors... Also the speakerphone was horrible, also every time I made a call that conditional call forwarding icon pops up, well with the skyrocket it makes a click noise that is very annoying...Plus the battery indicatior issues... what a headache in the past 3 days...Returned the skyrocket to best buy for Samsung galaxy s2... works flawlessly... that skyrocket needs some serious updates...

saildiverdog

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully this saves time for some people.

Issue: My brand new Skyrocket would not connect to AT&T data network from my home when it was sitting right next to my wife's Galaxy S2 that was connected to AT&T data network. NOTE: Minneapolis/St. Paul is non-LTE.

Troubleshooting:
1. Swapped sims -- Galaxy S2 still works; Skyrocket still doesn't work.
2. Factory reset Skyrocket (several times) -- Skyrocket still doesn't work.
3. Got online with AT&T support. Checked some settnigs. Factory reset. -- Skyrocket still doesn't work.
4. Per AT&T support, went back to AT&T store to exchange phone. At the store, AT&T person looked at my phone and turned off the WiFi that had automatically (and correctly) connected to their AT&T hotspot. Voila Skyrocket connected to 4G. Good news, but somewhat distrubing (I had done that many times myself). So, I decided to keep it and work with it some more.
5. Back at home, 4G still working....until I turned on WiFi (which automatically turns off AT&T data network). BAM!! AT&T data network would not come on again, when I turned off WiFi.
6. Next morning a Google search brought me to posts on XDA where others were having issues with the AT&T data network and MMS.

Root cause:
-APNs configured in my Galaxy S2 were **different** than the APN configured in my Skyrocket -- very much like the posts on XDA.
-"AT&T said the PTA network is brand new and they're still working out the kinks." from APN Settings with working MMS (Skyrocket) - xda-developers
-Also pulled some data from here: APN Settings? [Archive] - xda-developers

Solution:
Short version -- added 3 APNs and selected one of them.

Long version -- New APN Configuration that is working on my Skyrocket
==============
Galaxy S2 Skyrocket **modified configuration*** -- WORKING FOR ME!!!

**Not selected**
Name: ATT pta
APN: pta
MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
MMS Proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
MMS Port: 80
8MNC: 410
APN type: internet + mms + supl

**Selected**
Name: ATT Phone
APN: Phone
APN type: Inernet

Name: ATT WAP
Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
Port: 80
APN type: mms

Name: ATT WAP2
APN type: supl
==============

Old Skyrocket configuration:
Skyrocket Out of the Box PTA -- not working for me
==============

**Selected**
Name: ATT pta
APN: pta
MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
MMS Proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
MMS Port: 80
APN type: internet + mms + supl
==============

Galaxy S2 Out of the Box APNs -- working on Galaxy S2
=============
**Selected**
Name: ATT Phone
APN: Phone
APN type: Inernet

Name: ATT WAP
APN type: mms,supl
=============

Uleekmadeek

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I had trouble too... had to restart it, which took 30 seconds and it works fine now. Don't know how to fix it without restarting.
I can't say for sure if this will work, but this is what I do. I go to: settings/wireless and network/mobile networks/use package data. Disconnect use package data and wait for the 4g symbol in the notification bar to disappear, then reselect it. Press the home button and pull the notification bar down and connect the wifi and then disconnect it. That should work for you. If you are rooted, there is an app for root only that skips this directory and takes you right to it. It's called "2g-3g OnOff". Saves me tons of time. Hope this helps.

urge311

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I was having trouble using data when I rooted and put on an ICS rom and all of my APN settings wiped by the rom. These settings worked like a charm for me and I can surf and receive MMS again. Big thanks!

I was able to plug in the APNs manually and use the new access point.

Name: Cingular
Auth type: none
APN type: Internet+MMS
All other fields blank

Name: AT&T HSPA+
APN: phone
APN type: internet
All other fields blank

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Pretty scary stuff here, especially for someone who's contemplating buying a Skyrocket of the GS3.. Am wondering if this is an issue just going on in the NY area.

Also, most of us have no clue about configuring these APN's you mention.

I can't imagine this is an Achilles heel on the Skyrocket in general, is it?

blweldon2

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
This shouldn't keep you from buying a skyrocket. This phone is amazing. And I honestly don't care much for the gs3.

On topic, I don't think it's a New York LTE problem. I know some people that are having no issues up there. And it's not LTE in general because I have no problems here in Missouri. Odd problem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums