iBOLT Vehicle Dock for S III

BMIC50

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Interesting...would something like this also fix the poor sound quality that I get when using the coupler? Because the feedback isn't my only issue, unless the feedback is what is degrading the sound quality as well.

I'm not sure what is the culprit. I don't have audio quality issues. Just the high pitched noise that is irregular. Poor audio quality could be your car system, the 3.5mm cable, or a defective unit. I route my audio through the microusb Jack and I drive a 07 f-150 and I have no issues.

11tracer

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure what is the culprit. I don't have audio quality issues. Just the high pitched noise that is irregular. Poor audio quality could be your car system, the 3.5mm cable, or a defective unit. I route my audio through the microusb Jack and I drive a 07 f-150 and I have no issues.

I have a feeling that it could be a defective unit, because the feedback only becomes an issue when I route the sound through the dock to the tape deck adapter. Routing the sound directly from the 3.5mm plug on the phone to the adapter causes no feedback. Am I wrong in assuming that the issue lies with the dock and/or dock cable, then?

BMIC50

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I have a feeling that it could be a defective unit, because the feedback only becomes an issue when I route the sound through the dock to the tape deck adapter. Routing the sound directly from the 3.5mm plug on the phone to the adapter causes no feedback. Am I wrong in assuming that the issue lies with the dock and/or dock cable, then?

Plug in your car charger and the 3.5mm aux directly into your phone and see if it happens. If not, then its the holster/cradle.

11tracer

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Plug in your car charger and the 3.5mm aux directly into your phone and see if it happens. If not, then its the holster/cradle.

You mean just the charger and the tape deck adapter? Because that was my setup before I got this dock, and there was no feedback. So I guess it's an issue with the dock. That's too bad, I was really hoping for one-plug solution for hooking up my phone to my car.

anon395528

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if this was answered as I am just pouring through these threads....I am not all that bright so I was plugging the audio connector directly into my phone versus my stereo. I found out in order to install correctly, you plug into your stereo. If you do not have the sort of plug in then I would guess you are SOL.

I'm confused folks... I'm having an issue where I can't hear anyone while my audio jack is plugged in when someone calls me.. I have bluetooth in my car Mitsubishi galant 2012...I use my phone for music and it's very annoying to unplug the jack when someone calls... Also my phone defaults to both speaker and blue tooth... Can't figure out how to get it to default to blue tooth only

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

anon395528

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
The new "xProDock" solves the issue with access to the power button and the upside down video. This as you can choose between left and right side for placement of the microUSB. The design is also very "open" so there's nothing blocking any button. Another benefit is of course that any case will fit, even Otterbox Defender and any Samsung handset from S II, SIII to Note II will work fine in this doc.

This looks great. And, I impressed how you actively listen to all the customer feedback.

anon395528

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Not with a stock GS3. Samsung doesn't allow call audio out through the micro usb port. I have not tried using the 3.5mm port.

Without using the iBolt, but from my days of the Infuse car dock, I plug my S3 from my stereo head unit into the S3. The call was amplified but horrendous reverb for the caller and for me.

icelus1

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I love my iBolt, but when I received it for Christmas I had to stop using my flip cover. I don't like leaving my phone "naked" because I am somewhat accident prone, however. Can anyone offer some suggestions for a good quality case that will fit in the iBolt dock? I've got my eye on the UAG Aero case, but I don't want to commit to anything that won't fit.

Jkjones1

May 29, 2012
Visit site
For the buzzing noise, I tried multiple cigarette power adapters and that seemed to make a difference. I was using a dual one from Scosche that was capable of charging two ipads simultaneously and that seemed to cause a lot of buzzing. I switched to a single one that was compatible with iphone 5 I purchased from Verizon and it seems to have done the trick - at least thus far.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

clh42

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
The new "xProDock" solves the issue with access to the power button and the upside down video. This as you can choose between left and right side for placement of the microUSB. The design is also very "open" so there's nothing blocking any button. Another benefit is of course that any case will fit, even Otterbox Defender and any Samsung handset from S II, SIII to Note II will work fine in this doc.

Wow, what timing. I JUST TODAY on the way home from work picked up the Gen 1 dock at a local Verizon store, then I find this thread and the comments about the new version. Luckily I haven't opened the box yet so I'll return it and order the new one online.

clh42

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I have a general question about suction cup mounts for the iBolt, but also any of these types of "windshield" mounts. Is there any concern about the suction cup losing suction over time, especially if it's left on for a long time, and then removed to move like to another vehicle?

I'm planning on picking up he iBolt for my SIII, but I'm not really getting it for MY car. I really don't need it at home or even in my car at all (I have navigation built-in to my car). I'm getting it for when I travel when I'm NOT taking my own car (like having to fly somewhere and get a rental car), I can take the iBolt with have navigation with my SIII in another car (without having to a rental car company extra for their add-on navigation, at $10 a day from a rental company for their nav the iBolt will pay for itself in 4 days on a trip).

I only travel where I'd use it like that maybe once a year. So as long as I have the iBolt for that purpose, I will mount it in my car to be able to use in my car if I want to at times, then it might be mouned in my car for as much as a year, or more, then I'll travel and want to remove it from my car and take with me to attach in another car. And then of course move it back to my own car when I'm done with the trip.

Do I need to be concerned with the suction cup losing suction ever with this scenario?

And I guess another question, can the suction cup leave a mark on the windshield that's difficult to wash off if it's left on the windshield for that long in my own car? (Thinking about mainly if I ever sell or trade in my car, I wouldn't want to have such a mark on the windshield that might affect sale/trade-in value.)

Thank you.

spacemanspiffnf

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi iBolt!

I bought the iBolt right after I purchased my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 back in November. I'm still having a major problem that still hasn't been solved. Currently I have my phone setup so that when I hook it up in the iBolt car dock, the following things happen:

-Car Mode Enabled with Car Home Ultra
-Bluetooth turned on (resulting in phone linking to car 3rd part bluetooth for phone calls)
-Text By Voice (Sonalight) App turned on
-Music, Text by Voice, etc played through aux port. Phone calls go stereo system via Bluetooth.

Everything works great, except for two major issues:

-When docked, Voice apps (Google Search, Google Navigation, S Voice) don't work. Instead I get quick error stating "Didn't understand, please retry" Error immediately. These apps work when just charging, just in Car Mode, or in Car Mode while charging. This error only occurs when the phone is docked on the iBolt dock. This is insanely frustrating due to the fact that I want to use the voice apps when I'm driving.

-Voice by Text (by Sonalight) works great except when I receive texts. As the app reads incoming texts, its get about 1-2 seconds into the text and becomes muted. But it works fine when not docked in the iBolt. I also have notification sounds disabled when Car Home Ultra is active.

These two issues have been critical. I've tried doing a hard reset on the phone, and still have both issues. I've search through a lot of forums, with no resolution.

Hopefully you've seen these issues at iBolt and know of a solution.

smashinggil

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like you guys got bad docks.... I had same issue, replaced, and is now fine. Sounds like the first batch of docks that went out weren't of the best quality.

To my knowledge, dock mode should only launch when the dock is plugged into the phone, not if the 9ft cord is plugged directly into the phone.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Same issue here, no charging when using the dock, does charge when connecting to 9ft cable directly... What should I do?

J Teezy

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
pre-ordered an XPro, patiently waiting for it as I used my phone daily for GPS. Now if iBolt would make a desktop cradle for S3 that works with an Otterbox case on it that has HDMI out built into it =)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mehammed