Anyone having issues with Skype and the S3?

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Update seems to have been very successful in addressing many of the stability issues I previously mentioned. has been very stable over the weekend without the random logouts, false status (appearing online when not), etc.that I addressed in previous posts. So far so good....

I haven't tried it yet since the update but did it fix the camera problem? Meaning, on mine and others the front camera would instantly freeze and the fix would be to switch to the back camera for a second then back to the front and it would then work fine.

Rev.

Irpack

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I haven't tried it yet since the update but did it fix the camera problem? Meaning, on mine and others the front camera would instantly freeze and the fix would be to switch to the back camera for a second then back to the front and it would then work fine.

Rev.

Not sure about that @Rev2010. Have not had much usage as of yet since the update due to the long Holiday weekend. Hope all aspects are improved!

buggmama

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same issue. IF i get it to launch, half the time the online contact are wrong. I had a Motorola before this and Skype worked awesome on there. This is frustrating to me because while i love this phone, I use Skype a lot to talk to a friend who lives out of country. It's irritating when I can't get it to work right. I notified Skype and got their usual "we are thankful for feedback" reply but I guess we'll see if they develop a patch for it.

Rewindrewind

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I have been having constant issues with skype on an S3 as well. won't log in, locks up, cuts off, etc. Restarting phone works sometimes, uninstalling works sometimes. Very frustrating and may just switch to another service until its fixed.

Idillia

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Same problem with my Galaxy S3: Skype won't sign in or if it does - it doesn't get online / recognize my profile. Spent a day researching this issue. So frustrating and disappointing!

jamesino

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Same with me. It worked the first day I got the phone, the first time I tried it. But the next day, it won't log in and when I do manage to log in, my contacts are all appearing offline, when in reality they're not according to Skype on my computer.

Video calling freezes when i press the video call button. I tried uninstalling and re-installing from Google Play, but same problem.

Idillia

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I've been having Skype problems on my Galaxy S3 since the day I got it, spending hours researching how to fix it. It looks like hundreds of people (especially Galaxy owners) have this problem.
I have made Skype work (sort of, but at least it's something until the issue is fixed): 1) uninstalling Skype; 2) cleaning cache; 3) turn off cellphone; 4) take battery out for 5 minutes; 5) turn back on; 6) install the app; 7) clean cache and task manager; 8) start the app.
The app works for a couple of days and then I have to go through this whole process again and again... I called Verizon - they blame the "3rd party app", Skype reps point finger at either provider, manufacturer or Android... Why can't they work together to resolve this issue?

Costa Kapantais

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Yep, I have the same problem. I am not sure I want to go through all the run around to just keep this service going. Still today on the latest Samsung 3S 4G with the latest Skype... it does not work, with all the same issues everyone is reporting. I am inclined to move to something else other than Skype. I am using the worlds most popular SmartPhone and they can't get their software to work properly... is there any hope??

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana