Facebook Contact Sync

medic673

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone has this issue? My Galaxy Tab syncs my contacts perfectly but my S3 doesn't sync then. IE, the contact picture.

Any suggestions? I have un installed it, with no change. I have to stop syncing then re sync.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I think it has something to do with the FB app itself.I have synced that account and i end up with all my friends from FB in my contacts. Thats even with sync contacts with exosting contacts. It still doesnt work.
The only suggestion i can recomend is if you go to contacts> "click on a contact">Connections>Join another contact> Then find them in your FB contacts.
In theory you should get the FB pic as the contact pic.
For me this didnt work 100% and every time your FB friend changes there profile pic you will have to go through the sam process as above to change it.
Try it,it may work for you.

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Do you have your Facebook albums synced? If not try that. I have never had to do anything(out of the ordinary, or specifically for each one) to get my phone contacts to have their Facebook pictures synced.

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Albums synced? I didn't know you could do that. I will look into that. Thanks for the advice.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I can't seem to find how to sync albums. I have looked through the fb settings. Nothing there.

medic673

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know how to reset the pictures to show the Facebook image? It says they are connected but the picture is blank and there is no option to change to the Facebook picture

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Android Central Forums

Chevyracing252

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Do you have any suggestions for those of us who are stuck on Gingerbread devices for now and have the same issue? It appears that haxsync doesn't work with GB (at least from the market)

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Android Central Forums

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Do you have any suggestions for those of us who are stuck on Gingerbread devices for now and have the same issue? It appears that haxsync doesn't work with GB (at least from the market)

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Android Central Forums
Well can you link your contacts to FB from the contacts page?
I think FB has an option in settings to sync with contacts

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Well can you link your contacts to FB from the contacts page?
I think FB has an option in settings to sync with contacts

That's the problem man,the sync with contacts via fb doesnt work. It either puts all your fb contacts in your phone book or it doesn't add the pix

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
That's the problem man,the sync with contacts via fb doesnt work. It either puts all your fb contacts in your phone book or it doesn't add the pix

Try going to your contacts and linking the contact to their Facebook account manually...its a hassle but that could work

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
When I go into Accounts & Sync in my Settings Menu, there are two different Facebook sync accounts.
1. Facebook (for syncing) has Sync Calander and Sync Gallery for options.
2. Facebook has Sync Contacts for an option.

I'm not 100% if this is how my Phone contacts have their Facebook pictures matching, as almost all of my Contacts are saved with Google.

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Try going to your contacts and linking the contact to their Facebook account manually...its a hassle but that could work

Yea man that's how I did it and it is what I suggested at the start of topic. Though I found an app in the play store called matcher. Done the trick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa