Disabling notification sounds??

Brett Hall

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Newbie to android phones, but learning a lot fast. I've managed to turn off most of the sound notifications but I'm still getting them for things I've turned off like any emails I get or when a photo is uploaded to G+. I did a search here, but seems like most of y'all don't mind all the sounds.

Thanks for any input.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
uploadfromtaptalk1356916336842.jpg

I havent tried bud but try setting "default notifications" to silent :beer:

MERRY XMAS!!!X
Unbranded international s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Gave ya your 1st "thanks" :) i jst love doin that for sum twisted or nice reason :beer:

MERRY XMAS!!!X
Unbranded international s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

MrDoh

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
There's sound and vibration settings all over the place *smile*. Keep in mind that the individual app can have settings (use the same settings button on the left bottom of the phone that you do for the main settings) that can include sound. Just when you think that you have all the sounds off, there's a new one to track down.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Yeah you must do the main one to "silent", the one under settings and then set the ones you want in the specific apps.

I was even getting my text notification going off while I was on the phone, took hours for me to figure that one out cause there are notification settings EVERYWHERE.

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Why wouldn't you go to the sound settings and just turn the volume for notifications all of the way down? then you can simply slide it back up if you want to hear them for some reason.

Brett Hall

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Yeah you must do the main one to "silent", the one under settings and then set the ones you want in the specific apps.

I was even getting my text notification going off while I was on the phone, took hours for me to figure that one out cause there are notification settings EVERYWHERE.

Thanks, I'll give this a shot.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty