Samsung Galaxy S3 - Wifi doesn't work without mobile reception

Tim Ross1

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Hey my s3's wifi doesn't work without mobile reception it seems, was just wondering if that's supposed to happen? I have poor reception around my house and whenever my phone can't find any reception the wifi doesn't work. It says it's connected under Settings but webpages won't load and I can't access anything online. I've found I can fix it by turning on flight mode and turning the wifi back on, but then it always stops working again after a couple minutes. Anyone have any idea what's going on?

Cheers

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
No, that's not supposed to happen - Wi-Fi should work anytime there's a decent signal and you have the correct authentication.

I'd suggest going into your router and reconfiguring the security to be Open (i.e. no security - this is just a temporary measure). Then delete the connection on the phone and re-add it and see if the phone successfully connects. If it does then something was squirrelly with your router configuration.

Have you tried using Wi-Fi anywhere else?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo