Screen Totally Ruined?

le iidot

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Last night at work, I had an encounter involving a bucket of hot mop water and the left side of my body (in other words, I lifted the bucket too fast or something and very hot water doused the left side of me, and it was not pleasant). About two minutes after this, when I went to the bathroom, I discovered that my cell phone was in the pocket which had gotten wet. There are two cracks in the screen which are invisible unless you hold the phone in a certain way, so I assume that contributed to the fact that when I tried to turn it on, the keys at the bottom lit up, the LED blinked to let me know I had messages...but the screen remained black.

I checked the back of the phone to see if the indicator for water damage had turned red, and it's still white-- but if I'm not mistaken, that indicator only means the battery didn't get wet, right?

So my question is: is there any hope for my screen short of dropping a few hundred to have it repaired? Is there something I can do at home?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Last night at work, I had an encounter involving a bucket of hot mop water and the left side of my body (in other words, I lifted the bucket too fast or something and very hot water doused the left side of me, and it was not pleasant). About two minutes after this, when I went to the bathroom, I discovered that my cell phone was in the pocket which had gotten wet. There are two cracks in the screen which are invisible unless you hold the phone in a certain way, so I assume that contributed to the fact that when I tried to turn it on, the keys at the bottom lit up, the LED blinked to let me know I had messages...but the screen remained black.

I checked the back of the phone to see if the indicator for water damage had turned red, and it's still white-- but if I'm not mistaken, that indicator only means the battery didn't get wet, right?

So my question is: is there any hope for my screen short of dropping a few hundred to have it repaired? Is there something I can do at home?

Welcome to the forums.
I would guess short of replacing the whole screen, there is probably nothing you can do. I am guessing there is a short that is causing the screen to not light up. Something else to consider, the water may have damaged other components as well. It will be hard to tell which, and you may not find out until you have already replaced the screen.

I would have this professionally done. They may be able to test everything to ensure the water didn't do any other damage.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessfviz