S4 Mini Not charging

Jamesiv1

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
My phone won't charge. Was working fine until yesterday. Now when I plug it into a wall, nothing happens. When I plug it into my computer, it only says "plugged in as a media device" and does not charge.

Something I did?

James

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Might be a problem with your cable. Can you try another USB charging cable?

Jamesiv1

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
I am coming over from an iPhone. I know the USB to phone cables are different (bought a couple)

But should my iPhone adapters work? I've got a car to USB adapter, and wall socket to USB adapter.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The adapters don't sound like the issue, because you're saying that when you plug the phone into your computer, it still doesn't charge. Where did you get the cables for your Samsung phone? Perhaps they're defective.

Jamesiv1

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
right now I've got it plugged into computer and it's charging nicely. Yesterday it was saying "plugged in as media device" and was not charging.

I got the cable I'm using right now (at work) at the Sprint store. The cable I was trying to use at home with the USB to wall socket adaptor I got at a cell phone repair shop - pretty generic 'made in china' and not much else on the package LOL

so yeah... might be a crummy cable. I'll take the good one home and try it with the adapter and see how goes it.

thanks. will update tomorrow.