S4 Not Receiving Text Messages

MHex16

Jan 16, 2015
Visit site
In the last few days I have been getting an odd problem with my samsung galaxy s4. In order for me to receive text messages I have to turn my phone off and turn it back on. Once it turns back on I get all the messages. Other people are getting my messages but I won't get theirs unless I turn it off and on again. I've cleared the message cache, force stopped it, and just about everything other thing minus factory resetting the phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Bring the phone to the carrier's repair shop. The phone could be losing the network until you send something, it could be a bad SIM card, there are a lot of possibilities. (Do you have the same problem with voice calls - you can call people but when they call you your phone doesn't ring unless you turn it off then back on?)

MHex16

Jan 16, 2015
Visit site
I bought the phone used will they give me any grief about this or will they still trouble shoot it. Earlier I had a call but it didn't alert me as a call, I just had a voice mail pop up. The Sim card was pulled from an s3 so it's a few years old. Can they diagnose a bad sim? It was weird it was doing fine then all of a sudden started doing this.

Posted via the Android Central App