Lollipop for S5 AT&T

poseidon9447

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
I updated mine last evening, took 4 1/2 hours to down load and I have very fast internet. And about another 15 minutes to update all apps. I think the servers were busy yesterday so it was slow. So far I haven't had long to really check out the changes. One thing I don't like much is the white background in text and settings, I liked the black background better. If there is a way to change it let me know. I would imagine the black used less power.

CBonney

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
The update finished after about 4 hours. Optimizing the apps took about 30 minutes. The battery life seems to be much better. The white background is annoying to me. So far, so good though.

Resendetra

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Odd. I was downloading it at 2am eastern and it took about an hour to download. Maybe by that time not many around were downloading it? I don't know. I do have to agree about the white background, I miss it being black also. It's not a bad update though and the battery life does seem a bit better, even though I never had a problem before.

zr2s10

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
I cleared up space so that I had over 2 GB available. I tried the update again (after having to wait 24 hrs from the first time I tried, SMH) yesterday afternoon. It ran 1 hr, then I heard my phone reset (bing BING bing!) so I figured it was done. Picked it up, "Not enough memory to install this update" WTF? I cleared enough space, but once it downloaded, it checked the space again, and didn't account for itself apparently? So I bought a microSD (needed one anyway), cleared up 6 gb internal. Tried again, "Current Software Up to Date, Please try again in XX Hrs and XX minutes. I went in, changed my date manually, and tried again. This time it worked, but it took almost 3 hrs! By the time I could start it, it was 11pm EST. Didn't get to bed til after 2am! Meanwhile, my wife got the same update on her Alpha, and it took 20 minutes TOTAL. Why?

As far as the update, it definitely runs faster. But I hate the white background in settings. I also hate that it killed my data enabler widget, because of that "third party" BS. Fortunately, it does still let Textra turn it on to receive picture messages, I was concerned about that one. Does anyone know how to pin a setting to the home screen? Since Samsung decided it doesn't need to be an option on the drop down menu?

djf81

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Have others with at&t S5 active noticed that the pull down notification panel did not update to the new lollipop version?

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Probably will regret, unrooting and installing this, but I did, cuz that's just me, I'm stupid like that. J Not sure how long it took, woke up at 4:30AM CST and it was downloading. Finished now and its installing....fingers crosssed.

djf81

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Went to at&t store. All Samsung phones retained previous pull down notification panel in lollipop. Must be a touch wiz thing

Ihazterbo

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
I cleared up space so that I had over 2 GB available. I tried the update again (after having to wait 24 hrs from the first time I tried, SMH) yesterday afternoon. It ran 1 hr, then I heard my phone reset (bing BING bing!) so I figured it was done. Picked it up, "Not enough memory to install this update" WTF? I cleared enough space, but once it downloaded, it checked the space again, and didn't account for itself apparently? So I bought a microSD (needed one anyway), cleared up 6 gb internal. Tried again, "Current Software Up to Date, Please try again in XX Hrs and XX minutes. I went in, changed my date manually, and tried again. This time it worked, but it took almost 3 hrs! By the time I could start it, it was 11pm EST. Didn't get to bed til after 2am! Meanwhile, my wife got the same update on her Alpha, and it took 20 minutes TOTAL. Why?

As far as the update, it definitely runs faster. But I hate the white background in settings. I also hate that it killed my data enabler widget, because of that "third party" BS. Fortunately, it does still let Textra turn it on to receive picture messages, I was concerned about that one. Does anyone know how to pin a setting to the home screen? Since Samsung decided it doesn't need to be an option on the drop down menu?
Ow do you manually change the date? Mine did what yours did and now I have to wait 21 hours even though it says up to date

djf81

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Settings - system - date & time - deselect auto update - change day to next day. Change back to auto update after installation.

Ihazterbo

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
I'll have to try that! Thank you! After I find more space. I've moved everything that is available to move to the SD card and same thing, not enough space, not enough space. I'm getting frustrated.

zr2s10

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, what he said, lol. Also, once I moved all of my pics/videos to the SD card, I had over 6gb available. If you don't have close to that, you must have a LOT of apps, or an app that stores alot of image or video files in a location that isn't obvious.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch