Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Apologies if this has been mentioned previously.

So I was one of the guys watching the livestream of the Samsung Galaxy S5 announcement, and I fell fully into the 'disappointed camp'.

Whether or not you agree that these features are 'necessary' is discussed elsewhere, but I feel that myself and many others were hoping for a real PREMIUM product that feels like a real departure from the S3/S4 plasticky toy feel. (I have the LTE Galaxy S3). This is not what we have been shown.

So when I saw all the coverage of the Oppo Find 7 from another Android website that attended the launch in Beijing ( anyone noticed how little coverage the Oppo Find 7 has shown up on AC?) I started to feel that the phone being unveiled there was ticking more of the boxes that I had expected (perhaps unrealistically) from Samsung.

2560x1440 display (538 PPI)
    3 GB RAM
    32 GB base memory
    Carbon fibre premium finish

Along with all the features that I require as a baseline for my phone such as Micro SD card support and (ideally) removable battery.

I haven't had hands on with these phones, and won't decide which to buy until I have the New HTC One, Galaxy S5, Oppo Find 7 and Sony Z2 all compared and in my hands, so perhaps it's too early to tell.

But Samsung have not shown me anything groundbreaking that I feel that I need. And why does nobody mention the fact that the S5's heartrate sensor is replicated by apps on other phones that have their camera and flash close to each other? I have been using this feature via the free app 'Instant Heart Rate'? How much are people really going to use this feature? A snapshot of your pulse in isolation and regardless of activity, mood, stress level, activity level displays very little about your overall health.

Anyway, what do people think to the Oppo Find 7 and does it bear any resemblance to the 'Galaxy S5 Premium' that was rumoured around the techsphere?

Global Posts
    312 Global Posts

Default Re: Oppo Find 7 - Is This Closer to the Galaxy S5 Premium That We All Wanted?

I personally do not think the find 7 should be compared to S5 or other phones you mentioned because it is an oversized Phablet. Bigger than the Note 3 with a smaller screen.

Oppo Find 7 - 5.5 inch screen - 6.01 x 2.95 x 0.36 inches
    Note 3 - 5.7 inch screen - 5.95 x 3.12 x 0.33 inches

Here is the detailed comparison - OPPO Find 7 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Phone specs comparison
    Mark Anderton1 likes this.

Default Re: Oppo Find 7 - Is This Closer to the Galaxy S5 Premium That We All Wanted?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Anderton1 View Post
    Apologies if this has been mentioned previously.

So I was one of the guys watching the livestream of the Samsung Galaxy S5 announcement, and I fell fully into the 'disappointed camp'.

Whether or not you agree that these features are 'necessary' is discussed elsewhere, but I feel that myself and many others were hoping for a real PREMIUM product that feels like a real departure from the S3/S4 plasticky toy feel. (I have the LTE Galaxy S3). This not what we have been shown.

So when I saw all the coverage of the Oppo Find 7 from another Android website that attended the launch in Beijing ( anyone noticed how little coverage the Oppo Find 7 has shown up on AC?) I started to feel that the phone being unveiled there was ticking more of the boxes that I had expected (perhaps unrealistically) from Samsung.

2560x1440 display (538 PPI)
    3 GB RAM
    32 GB base memory
    Carbon fibre premium finish

Along with all the features that I require as a baseline for my phone such as Micro SD card support and (ideally) removable battery.

I haven't had hands on with these phones, and won't decide which to buy until I have the New HTC One, Galaxy S5, Oppo Find 7 and Sony Z2 all compared and in my hands, so perhaps it's too early to tell.

But Samsung have not shown me anything groundbreaking that I feel that I need. And why does nobody mention the fact that the S5's heartrate sensor is replicated by apps on other phones that have their camera and flash close to each other? I have been using this feature via the free app 'Instant Heart Rate'? How much are people really going to use this feature? A snapshot of your pulse in isolation and regardless of activity, mood, stress level, activity level displays very little about your overall health.

Anyway, what do people think to the Oppo Find 7 and does it bear any resemblance to the 'Galaxy S5 Premium' that was rumoured around the techsphere?[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]
    I'm VERY interested in the oppo 7. Getting closer to a game-time decision for me

Posted via Android Central App
    Mark Anderton1 likes this.

The find 7looks like a stellar phone but not sure if it's gonna hit the US though
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

That's a shame, I'm hoping it'll hit the UK but haven't heard anything yet, I suppose it's a bit too early.

You never know, I might just go crazy and buy a Next HTC One tomorrow when it's released in London. The S5 has got its work cut out this year.

On their website it says they are making a version that has HSPA+ and US LTE bands.

Will probably only be available from Amazon and the Oppo website.

https://en.oppo.com/products/find7/#find7-specs